Gromlin21

Bandicam Lose Target Window

Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:18 am

Greetings, since couple days ago Bandicam lose target of any game i choose to record IF i alt+tab to open or check Firefox or any other browser or do anything when minimizing the game, this is the first time it hapened and im using it for over a year.

I have all drivers up to date, Java up to date and all aplications conected to multimedia contet up to date (flash, shockwave, video play drivers like xvid, MPEG, etc), reinstalled like 12 times already and continues to lose target of any game, despite it shows the targeted game in the Target box, it wont record anything after alt+tab out of the game, not even the button Record on the right side of the target aplication box works.

Can you help me? Thank you in advance.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam Lose Target Window

Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:19 pm

1. Use the latest version of Bandicam from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

2. Start Bandicam before the recording target.
Bandicam can provide good FPS recognition when it is run "before the target program".

3. Choose the proper Target option
- DirectX/OpenGL window mode: Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty (MW3), WOW, iTunes, Windows Media Player...
- Rectangle on a screen mode: flash game, Firefox web browser, desktop screen...

4. If you click Alt+Tab or minimize the game, Bandicam can lose the recording target.

Gromlin21

Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:52 am

4. If you click Alt+Tab or minimize the game, Bandicam can lose the recording target.
Well that sucks, i hope you guys can fix that cause Bandicam puts Frapz in the dirt, thank you for reply :)

someguy

Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:04 pm

hi
i have similar problem here, not only recording, even fps meter and screenshot make thingy doesn't work when i alt+tab to windows and then switch back to the game, specially when i play some video at browser (imo it has something to do with the latest version of adobe flash player)

cuz my english suck i will write it in simple steps to make it more understandable
1. run bandicam
2. run any game
- so far so good (can see fps, can take screenshots & record vids)
3. alt+tab to windows
4. open browser with just a google page
5. back to the game
- everything is ok
6. alt+tab to windows again
7. go to YT and play a random video
8. close browser & back to the game
- fps meter is gone, can't take ss nor record vids (bandicam is still runing but ignoring the game, only thing that helps in this stage is to restart bandicam.. which it's not very comfy at all)

important thing - it never done this before just the last few days

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi,
Most games are using the DirectX technology.
Most videos are using the DirectX technology.
Bandicam is the DirectX hooking program.
=> When you play a video while you're recording in DirectX mode, Bandicam can lose the hooking target.

We don't think we can solve this problem.
We don't think other directx hooking programs can solve this problem.

This is not the bug of the current version, the user shouldn't start another directx program including a video/web browser/....

someguy

Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi,
=> When you play a video while you're recording in DirectX mode, Bandicam can lose the hooking target.
i think you misunderstood me, i am not recording at this time
i am talking about the problem when bandicam stop showing FPS (and also making screenshots and videos in game) when i switch from desktop to application (game) and i am pretty sure it has something to do with flash player because i have tried to remove flash player and it fixed the problem, but i need flash player on my PC

Luk_Ass

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah, it was due to flash player 11.3, thanks for tip. The solution is to use previous version os flash player 11.2. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/ ... sions.html

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”