FaceFoiled

New user, help request

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:30 pm

- Windows Version: Windows 7 (64bit)
- Graphic card model: GeForce GTX 590
- Bandicam version: 1.8.4 (downloaded yesterday)
- Bandicam mode: 'DirectX/OpenGL window' // 'Rectangle on a screen'
- Recording Target: Game (Dungeon Defenders) // Screen (desktop)

Hiya!

I purchased Bandicam last night, and started messing about with the settings and such. I am currently at work, so I can't provide pictures of the settings I used, but I was wondering about a few things;

1) - First off my Compliments! Really easy to use program, even though I have some questions. =)

2) - I normally play in fullscreen windowed mode, but can't do that with all games (Dungeon Defenders for example) I alt tabbed out of the game a few times to check some things, which appeared to auto pauze/stop the recording. Is this a feature enabled somewhere, and does it auto start recording when I tab back in again?

3) - The secondary sound input has the option to be toggled on/off. I understand that it is always recorded, but not "heard" unless toggled on. Is this bugged in some games/modes?

I tried it with a quick screen capture last night "Rectangle on screen", but was not able to mute my voice input from my microphone that way (Was selected as sound method).

FaceFoiled

Re: New user, help request

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:50 am

3 = Solved.
1 = Still winning. :p

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi FaceFoiled,

Thank you for your compliment.
I alt tabbed out of the game a few times to check some things, which appeared to auto pauze/stop the recording. Is this a feature enabled somewhere, and does it auto start recording when I tab back in again?
It depends on the game you play.
Some games pause the DirectX when you alt tabbed out. => Bandicam pauses.
Some games don't pause the DirectX when you alt tabbed out. => Bandicam keeps the recording or stops the recording.

* Our recommendations
1. Alt tabbed out is not recommended while you're recording.
2. Please use the Pause function of Bandicam. (F8 hotkey, No. 2)

FaceFoiled

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:25 pm

I approve of not alt tabbing, but I had to, to play around with the different settings. =D (Unable to use full screen windowed mode with Dungeon Defenders, not an option Grrr).

It works great though with the pausing of the recording, very neat feature. I really like the simplicity with the capture target (directx(game) // on screen rectangle).

Code: Select all

\\o
O
/_
I am not an ascii wizard, but that is me bowing down to you. :P

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”