Cipher

Bandicam recording and Final Cut Pro - SOLVED + Suggestion

Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:55 am

Hi there,

Been using bandicam for a while and have installed tons of codecs to no avail and i can't for the life of me, find a codec/settings that works for importing into Final Cut Pro.

So i was wondering if someone could tell me which codec to use/which settings to apply, so that i can import the recorded video file into Final Cut Pro without converting it to a different format and losing quality.

The supported formats for Final Cut Pro are listed here; http://help.apple.com/finalcutpro/mac/1 ... er2833f855
ans since it is Quicktime based, it should also work with these formats; http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3775

i have tried pretty much all of them (the ones supported by Bandicam), but might've not selected the correct codec settings.

I do want to mention though, eventhough the Cinepak codec is supported by Bandicam and Quicktime, that using said codec with Bandicam crashes the application forcing it to close Bandicam, so i was not able to see if the Cinepak codec works.

Notes;
- I have installed Divx for Mac
- Motion JPEG can not be imported into Final Cut Pro
- I'm willing to install more codecs on as well Mac as windows
- I'd like to use a compressed codec (since that is the main feature of Bandicam)
- MPEG-2 is supported by as well Quicktime as Bandicam, however, this only applies since OS X Lion, which i do not use (Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard here)

Any help is much appreciated

Regards,

Alex
Last edited by Cipher on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cipher

Re: Bandicam recording and Final Cut Pro

Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 am

Anyone?

found our that H264 DOES record in part 10 (and part 10 is supported by FCP) but i still can't seem to import it, tried recording without audio and still doesn't allow for importing

and since the avi container is supported, i don't really know what the problem is =/

Kind Regards,

Alex

Cipher

Re: Bandicam recording and Final Cut Pro

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:37 pm

UPDATE!

Thanks to Tom Wolsky from the Apple Discussions, i found a working configuration, compressed and importable by FCP

Firstly install the H.264 Codec listed in the guides section for bandicam

In bandicam, go to the video tab -> Settings of video

new window should pop up, under the codec drop down menu, select external codec, then click hte button with 3 dots to select a codec

select; x264vfw - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Codec

at the same window, press configure (use the settings recommended by bandicam (in the guides section))

now, go to the output section;

Under output mode, select "File"
Under Output File, press the 3 dotted button and browse to the location you wish to save the recorded file
name your file and from the drop down menu "save as type" , select .mp4

save and close the codec configuration.

Back at the format settings window, select a framerate of either 59.940 | 29.970 | 23.976

For teh resolution, you MUST use a standard since FCP only supports standard resolutions

if you do not know which those are, use the following link under the Resolutions of TV and Video Applications tab;
http://www.equasys.de/standardresolution.html

Lastly, for the audio, take PCM @ 48KHz

Hope this helps

@Bandisoft;
using this method does require you to set a new path/File name every time you want to record.

If it would be possible to add a feature which circumvents this, that would be great (it would also give bandicam different output container formats (using H.264) like; .mp4/.flv/mkv/.h264, which is a very nice addition/feature worth mentioning ;) )

Kind Regards,

Alex

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam recording and Final Cut Pro - SOLVED + Suggesti

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Hi Cipher,

Thank you very much for your useful information.
Motion JPEG can not be imported into Final Cut Pro
We've tried Final Cut Pro in Mac OS X, but we could edit the recorded video without any problems.
To edit with an editing program, you should choose "Motion JPEG" video codec and "PCM" audio codec.
(We think you chose "Motion JPEG" video codec and "MPEG-1 L2" audio codec.)
If it would be possible to add a feature which circumvents this, that would be great (it would also give bandicam different output container formats (using H.264) like; .mp4/.flv/mkv/.h264, which is a very nice addition/feature worth mentioning )
This idea is good. But we may choose a different solution.

Thank you for suggesting.

Cipher

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am

We've tried Final Cut Pro in Mac OS X, but we could edit the recorded video without any problems.
To edit with an editing program, you should choose "Motion JPEG" video codec and "PCM" audio codec.
(We think you chose "Motion JPEG" video codec and "MPEG-1 L2" audio codec.)
I'll have to try that, because that might've bee the case yes, however, Motion JPEG is not as compressed as H.264 (for the video editing i don't need it to be lossless since i only cut/transition/audio overlay most of the times)
This idea is good. But we may choose a different solution.
Any insight as to what this might be? or is it still too far from development?

Kind Regards,

Alex

EDIT;

I just tried Motion JPEG q100 - PCM audio - 1080p - 59.94FPS

and Final Cut Pro X gives the import error that said file is not supported

Any other settings you tweaked to allow importing of Motion JPEG into Final Cut Pro X ?

sidenote; 16 seconds of Motion JPEG was 222MB while H.264 wasn't even a MB :p

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am

and Final Cut Pro X gives the import error that said file is not supported
Bandicam uses standard Motion JPEG and PCM codec and we can edit the video in Final Cut Pro.
It might be a problem with a codec or Final Cut Pro X. We don't have a solution for this.
Any insight as to what this might be? or is it still too far from development?
We may/will support the .mp4 format (Video+Audio) in the future.

Thank you!

Cipher

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Bandicam uses standard Motion JPEG and PCM codec and we can edit the video in Final Cut Pro.
It might be a problem with a codec or Final Cut Pro X. We don't have a solution for this.

We may/will support the .mp4 format (Video+Audio) in the future.

Thank you!

ah yes, forgot to mention it's FCP X sorry for that, guess i'll stick to my method for now, any idea on when the .mp4 implementation will see the light of day?

and thank you for making a great recording tool :D

Kind Regards,

Alex

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”