sheppo

feature request: 3 audio tracks

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:35 am

currently bandicam is excellent in that it can cope with two audio tracks
1) what you hear - (in game audio + voice comms)
2) microphone

However a common problem facing let's players is how to deal with editing, noise filtering, and mastering audio tracks for
1) in game audio
2) microphone
3) voice comms (skype, mumble, etc)

there is another product on the market, that can do this, although it's more expensive, the encoder is slower, the files it creates are larger (and therefore slower to edit), and the interface is worse. It'd be amazing if Bandicam extended it's fantastic multi-track/multi-device capture to allow for three tracks/devices, instead of 2 - to the point where i'd even buy the product again if it could be added.

here's hoping. :)

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: feature request: 3 audio tracks

Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi sheppo,

We may not support 3 audio tracks in the future because only a few few few users may use the function.

We're sorry that we can't give you a good answer. :D

Decicus

Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:20 pm

I could honestly say that I would love to have multiple audio tracks (more than 2). Though I would like them to also be able to take the sound from different exe's. Is that even possible?

sheppo

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 am

@LazehPanda - if you can set the audio device the application uses then you would only need to set bandicam to use that device for capture. That's how you do it in the other product I referred to.. there are tools out there to allow you to add virtual audio devices to windows to facilitate this.

@bandisoft - fair enough. I don't expect you to add ever feature requested to you. :-)

Szierra

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:28 am

I don't really see what is hindering you from implementing another track..

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:24 pm

Hi Szierra,

It's very difficult to separate Skype sound in Windows system.
(We can only separate a computer sound and microphone sound)

We can add 3 audio tracks but we don't think the 3 audio tracks is useful;
because we can't separate a Skype or mumble sound in Windows system.

TheKickerOfElves

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 am

Bumping this old thread...

Bandisoft,

The only real disadvantage I find to using Bandicam right now is the lack of a 3rd (or fourth) audio track.

Sure, you can't separate a skype or mumble track from the main Windows audio track, but as users *we* can.

I've used multiple sound cards/devices, virtual audio cables etc to separate incoming chat (TS, Skype, Mumble) from Windows sound so that I could either selectively mute or add audio that was recorded in real time (avoiding extensive editing to sync up audio with events in a video timeline) or to move audio tracks in stereo (i.e. moving my microphone to the left, incoming chat audio to the right and leave game sounds in stereo).

I understand that adding third or fourth audio track recording is labour intensive for what might seem a small segment of the userbase, but I think you will find that the *potential* userbase is larger than you might think. I know other YouTube partners who use a competitor's product not because other products are superior, but because there is functionality in Bandicam that they are missing.

That being said I really do like your product, and I've been using it as my primary capture app lately as the quality of recording @1080 combined with the file size has been a benefit for me, so thanks.

Pugnacious

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 am

I'd use this

Skite

Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:11 am

Recording the third stream with other software (like Audacity) and then muxing it together is not an option?

Bellaby

Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 am

This would be very very useful for me.

Bandicam is so good and not having an option to introduce a third input device is a total bummer.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”