Hawkeye5

Dual Monitor's & FSX

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:17 am

Hi all,

Win7-64bit
Geforce GTX550TI (Driver version 9.18.13.2018)
Bandicam version: 1.8.9.371
Both DirectX/OpenGL AND 'Rectangle on a screen' mode
Target: MS FlightSim X (FSX)

1) I have no issues with Bandicam(BC) when I have only a single Monitor set up.( in any game, including FSX)

2) My troubles start when I get Dual monitors in use. I cannot get (BC) to record VIDEO in either DirectX/OpenGL OR rectangle mode when using my Dual screen set up for FSX..... Wait... lemme clarify this better.

BC records VIDEO and Audio on the 2nd screen which has GPS...Radios...etc... moved over from my Primary screen . Because I'm NOT interested in seeing the 2nd monitor being captured by BC ,I don't need that 2nd monitor recorded. I'm unable to correctly set the BC "Capture" portion (using the Rectangle mode ONLY on the Primary monitor) without capturing the 2nd Monitor ONLY.. It will not capture the Primary monitor info.

I've been thru different codec's, looked thru ALL of BC's forums for help, Been to Fraps (...Gulp :shock: )used their trial version & had no problems using it the way I want to record....

So my question is:

What do I need to change in my set up of BC to Correctly capture ONLY the Primary screen.. and NOTHING of my 2nd screen? I'm so used to seeing dual screens that I've given up recording (using BC)... :evil:

I'm hoping it's just a simple fix.... but.....??

I can & will toss more info out there if it's needed.

Thanks in advance

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Dual Monitor's & FSX

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Hello!
I've been thru different codec's, looked thru ALL of BC's forums for help, Been to Fraps (...Gulp )used their trial version & had no problems using it the way I want to record....
We don't think Fraps only records your primary screen.
Do you use "Horizontal Span"?
Could you attach your display settings of your graphic card?

Hawkeye5

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22 am

I've Edited this post .
Last edited by Hawkeye5 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Hello!
I can "eliminate" the unwanted screen( monitor # 2) by selecting the portion of the screen
How can you eliminate the unwanted screen?
Could you explain more about your method about "selecting the portion of the screen"?

We're sorry that we don't fully understand what you're talking about.
Could you please send a short video clip to bandicam@bandisoft.com?

Hawkeye5

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 pm

I found this ... which describes what I was trying to accomplish.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=600&start=10

Specifically.. go to page 2 and start with the post by "ealbrecht"

In the above Link, he( his father..) uses 3 monitors..... and wishes to record only the Center monitor.
"If you could add an option to only record the middle monitor, or choose which monitor to record from, or as you already suggested that perhaps this clipping option might work, then that would be great because having this ability would allow for higher quality screen capture and remove the need to crop the video afterwards."

Basically I would like to "Pick which monitor to record" from. I use two Monitors and would like to record only ONE (while still using the 2nd monitor in game) without having to record using the "rectangled mode".

Again, just to clarify..[DirectX/OpenGL) When I turn off (Deselect) my 2nd monitor (in NVIDIA control panel...Multi-display setup) BC Does a great job. It's when I have both monitors in use, BC cannot seem to select the correct monitor (Main monitor or #1) while recording... it always records my 2nd Monitor.. which I do not want, or need.

My main question: Is there a way to "Define" which monitor should be the "default"...?

In my case BC "defaults" to the wrong monitor.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

EDIT:

My main question: Is there a way to "Define" which monitor should be the "default"...?
Please check your graphic card settings. Bandicam can't control the default monitor.

We've tried Flight Simulator X with Geforce GTX550TI.
But, we couldn't play the game with 2 monitors (We could only use 1st or 2nd monitor when we play the game.)

Could you let us know your graphic card settings like below?
- Image: http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrie ... =ImageFile

I can "eliminate" the unwanted screen( monitor # 2) by selecting the portion of the screen
How can you eliminate the unwanted screen?
Could you explain more about your method about "selecting the portion of the screen"?

Cipher

Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:04 am

@OP you can in fact select which displayto record using the rectangle on a screen option, with the rectangle menu bar thiny, select full screen and to chose which display it records, drag the screen bar thingy to the display you want to record, this works for me for recording the desktop and other applications, i have not tested full screen games though as i do not span them across my 2 monitors, but i would assume it still works

Cipher

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”