LordOwlet

Two audio tracks? why not two files?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:19 am

ok so this question covers bandicam and perhaps video editing software.

my previous thread mentioned how when recording, my own mic is too quiet. however, this time it is different

so there is an option to record the two sound sources as separate tracks, however, this just makes the video have 2 audio tracks, i was hoping it'd make a separate audio file i can then make louder so its more balanced.

i mean i could use windows sound recorder for my own voice, then there would be syncing issues and all sorts. is there a way in cyberlink power director to separate the audio tracks?
otherwise i'm feeling bandicam was a bad purchase choice because i'm having to work around its limitations constantly.

Decicus

Re: Two audio tracks? why not two files?

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:30 am

Make Bandicam record the audio tracks into .wav files.

Even without that checked, I know Sony Vegas and Camtasia Studio lets me edit each audio track individually.

LordOwlet

Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:07 am

Make Bandicam record the audio tracks into .wav files.

where is the option for this? I had a look at i can't see it.

Decicus

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:01 am

In the sound settings where you set to record from microphone and Windows sound: Image

Make sure you have the latest Bandicam.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:40 am

You should be able to set the Recording Levels for your Microphone and your general output of applications (StereoMix/WhatYouHear/Speakers) separately, in Windows or your software that comes with your sound adapter (motherboard drivers, installable drivers from your soundcard manufacturer). In either case, you should be able to set the volumes differently and test them out until you get it just how you like.

I don't know about Cyberlink's app, but you may have to look around for a video editing program that will handle them as two separate audio tracks/files, then you can also adjust the sound in the editor, if you want to. I prefer Sony's Vegas (you can get a less expensive version of the product), but I think most of the non-free video editors out there will handle two audio tracks.

You could also take the two WAV files and import them into something like Audacity (which is free) or any audio editor you prefer, and adjust the volumes before mixing into one audio track. Then you can import your finished audio track into whatever video editor you prefer (like your Power Director). You may have to contact Cyberlink or check out their site to see exactly how it would prefer to handle the tracks.

Good luck with it!

plasticsaint

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:11 am

Record the audio tracks as .wav files. This will give you 1 video file and 2 audio files, which you can then load into premiere/vegas/openshot/whatever and adjust the audio levels accordingly throughout your recording.

Bandicam added this feature a while back, it's under audio settings (see the screenshot above, it's the second checkbox from the top).

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”