vendelavettori

edit them into music videos

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:53 pm

Should i use bandicam or fraps? ima record dragon age videos and edit them into music videos and possibly do a let's play, which is better to use? which has better quality and less lag? thanks. gonna edit in camtasia before uploading to youtube if tht matters at all.
Last edited by vendelavettori on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clautor

Re: edit them into music videos

Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:26 pm

I suggest Bandicam for the fact that it supports hardware acceleration since version 1.9.0 and if i'm not mistaking, hardware acceleration uses h.264 for the best possible quality WITHOUT causing any lag depending on the settings. You can also record at full resolution without it taking too much size.

But i'm not sure if you can edit it with Camtasia. I have no clue if Camtasia can open .avi files. Last time i tried was with its own format (recorded with Camtasia).

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: edit them into music videos

Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi,
i'm not sure if you can edit it with Camtasia. I have no clue if Camtasia can open .avi files. Last time i tried was with its own format (recorded with Camtasia).
To edit with Camtasia, you have to change the default setting of Bandicam.

1. Motion JPEG and PCM codec (Recommended for most users)
If you want to edit the recorded video with Camtasia, we recommend you use "Motion JPEG and PCM" codec.

2. H.264 and PCM codec (Recommended for advanced users)
If you can see the "H.264 (NVIDIA/INTEL/AMD)" option in Bandicam, please follows the steps below:
1) Install both x264vfw and x264vfw64 codecs from http://sourceforge.net/projects/x264vfw/files/
2) Choose the "H.264 (NVIDIA/INTEL/AMD)" encoder.
3) Choose the "PCM" audio codec.
4) Choose "1" at the Keyframe interval.

Related FAQ:
http://www.bandicam.com/support/tips/sony-vegas/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”