Bumski

Flickering Cursor and more

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:32 pm

So I'm a new comer to recording videos and so far Bandicam has been pretty top notch a side from a few flaws... First I ended up having the problem of recording a black screen of fullscreen programs while using the "Rectangle on a screen" function. I got around this on accident by changing my windows theme to Windows 7 Basic instead of a Aero theme. (Made a little video showing it.) I would just like to know why I had to to do this.

Now that I got full screen programs to record things like my cursor, map, buttons, ect.. are flickering while both playing and afterwards when I watch the video.
Any help would be great. :)

Bandicam 1.7.6.178 - Unregistered

Windows 7 Home Premuim
4GB RAM
Driver should be up to date.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Flickering Cursor and more

Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:21 pm

Hello,

What are you trying to record?
We recommend you use 'DirectX/OpenGL window' mode when you record games or videos
=> It has no mouse flickering symptom.

The Rectangle mode is for the screen recording.
When you use the "Rectangle on a screen' capture mode, the mouse can be flickering.
- When you record the SMALL Rectangle window, you may not have the flickering symptom.
- When you extend the Rectangle window, you may have the flickering symptom.
- Some people say that click "Full Screen" option can reduce the flicking symptom.
- If you have a better PC, you can reduce the flickering symptom.

brutalexcess

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 pm

Hello, I am currently having a similar issue with cursor flicking on a 1920x1080 recording resolution using Bandicam version 1.9.2.455.

The flickering happens on MPEG-1 codec at 60 fps and 60% compression ratio.

The flickering also occurs on NVIDIA CUDA at 60 fps, 60% compression ratio and Codex default settings, although the flickering starts later during the recording. In this mode, I also experienced mouse lag.

I am using full screen window region tool as the recording window. The strange thing is, even though you state that higher performance computers can reduce flickering, I am still getting it despite my machine being high-end with a graphics card, CPU and RAM fully capable of handling recording in even the most excessive environments.

I have an NVIDIA GTX 670, Intel i5 3570K @ 3.4GHz Quad Core, and 8GB 1333MHz RAM. I honestly do not think this is a performance problem, and more of an internal problem with the Bandicam program. I will be using alternative methods of recording until I am confident that this program has had these issues fixed.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:20 am

Hello!

What is your OS?
We have solved the flickering issue in Windows 8. (Bandicam 1.9.2.455).
We will support Windows 7 in the near future.

Thank you for letting us know.

LeCarre

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:25 pm

Just thought I'd Mention this flickering is annoying

Intel Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 16GB Quad Ram
Two GeForce GTX 580 (RAM 3GB ea)
Win 7 Pro

So My machine should be able to handle this easily. CPU getting hit @18%, Ram 37%
Target 2470x1052 - (-1916,24), (554,1076) 1HD Monitor + 30% of another.
Video : H.264 (CUDA) (VBR)
Half Size, 25 fps 50q

While Im here.. Great Program!

All settings appear to be sticky, saved automatically exept
Target Coords on the above mentioned recording falls back to size of 1 Monitor between Application Runs.

Can't Easily adjust the coords to record my desired (-1920,0), (554,1080) (Can't drag Rectangle to Edges)

So Saving this Rectangle would be nice. Then it would be worth the time to adjust it perfectly.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”