mikk

Re: Problem with Intel Quick Sync

Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:45 am

I wonder if this is somehow Optimus related. I don't use Optimus and I'm a noob regarding Optimus. Can you disable Optimus and just try Quicksync through the virtual monitor trick?

Clautor

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:13 am

I googled "how to disable nvidia optimus" and turns out i can't. I read most gaming laptops don't have such option for some odd reason. I checked my BIOS twice and there's no option for tweaking GFX cards settings. I still don't know what causes my problem but i suspect it's somewhere else hidden in my laptop. I don't know if Bandicam has the problem, i enabled the same codec very easily in my Mirillis Action! and there it works flawlessly. Whatever it is, i stopped using it in Bandiam and switched to CUDA acceleration. CUDA works perfect with the exception of bigger file sizes (not too big though).

mikk

Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:38 pm

If Mirillis Action works Bandicam should as well. So there might be an issue in Bandicam. It's not a general issue since I don't have issues. Maybe Optimus related. CUDA has a much bigger performance impact than Quicksync.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:54 pm

If Actions works, we will try to fix this issue.

Thank you for letting us know.

Clautor

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:17 am

Okay, now this issue has gone bad. I tried reinstalling Bandicam in an attempt to tweak the porblem somehow. I re-enabled IQS via Nvidia panel after installing. And guess what? Now the whole codec doesn't work at all. I tried the virtual monitor trick, no help. Even if i expanded to it, it gave me the same initiation error this whole problem started with.
If Actions works, we will try to fix this issue.
Thanks. Do you have a dedicated support team whom i can contact and inform about this?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Hello!

If you use 2 monitors and 1 faked monitor for the Intel Quick Sync video, the "H.264 (Intel Quick Sync Video)" menu will disappear.

We have just solved this problem, and the fixed version will be released in a month.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:09 pm

We've fixed this bug in Bandicam 1.9.3

Please download the latest version of Bandicam from http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Thank you!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”