Margthecar

Bandicam freezes Win7 when opening second time

Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:17 pm

I downloaded trial version of Bandicam to my Win7 64-bit machine to see if it will work for me. I opened Bandicam for the first time and I used the Target rectangle selection and the Premiere editing preset (as I wish to edit it later). I did a couple of test recordings just fine. I closed Bandicam to look at the test recordings in Windows Media Player, which looked great. Then I double clicked on Bandicam icon to open it again to do more tests and the interface opened but I got the forever twirling circle and nothing would respond anywhere to the mouse click. I Ctrl-Alt-Deleted open the Task Manager and the window opened but when I hovered the mouse over the Task Manager window it was also the twirling circle and no mouse response at all. I waited for several minutes but nothing changed, the entire computer was frozen, and eventually had to do a hard reboot of the entire computer.

I was able to repeat this first open--all fine; second open--computer freeze, two more times so it is not a fluke.

Anyone know why Bandicam freezes the second time it is opened? I really want to like (and buy) this software, but not if I have to be rebooting my computer all the time to reopen it.

Dhabitah

Re: Bandicam freezes Win7 when opening second time

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Yes! This happens to my laptop too. It makes me angry when even my Task Manager hangs and I have to log off.

I've been using Bandicam for almost 2 years now and this is only happening quite recently for me (about 5 days ago) and I'm trying to figure out why.

Dfactor

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Running Win7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit (constant security and platform updates). Been using Bandicam since Jan 2013 and never had any freezing problems. Having updated codecs and video drivers. Seems like your problem is really rare, might be a compatibility issue?

Margthecar

Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:57 am

Also running win7 ultimate 64-bit all up to date and still get freezing problem. Dhabitah, what Windows version are you using? Also, sounds like it has to do with a recent update since it worked fine for you before.. I have Windows7 Home on my laptop but have not had the time to try It there to see if it has the same behavior. Will try to do so and post back.

Dhabitah

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:44 am

I'm also using Windows 7 64-bit. And I'm using ATI Radeon DirectX11. I was thinking that it could be a Windows Update that happened recently because I've tried to install and older version of Bandicam and it still has the same problem.

Dhabitah

Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:26 pm

Well, I've tried to play around with the options to see what changes can be made to solve the problem. I've tried to change the compatibility mode to Windows 7 but it didn't work.

However, I did try to change the 'Format' setting (under 'video' tab).

And I changed the video size to 1280x720 (16:9) instead of 'Full Size' and it seems to work fine after that.

I've already tried to record something and close the program and open it again a few times and it doesn't seem to freeze anymore.

By the way, I'm using 'Rectangle on Screen' as my target too and is also on Compatibility Mode for Windows 7, just in case.

I will update if the problem comes back, etc. Hopefully it doesn't, haha. :)

UPDATE: Yeah, I've been opening, recording and closing Bandicam over and over again the whole afternoon today and it seems to work fine. Just now, I changed the format to Full Size again and left the Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 and it instantly froze again. Haha. So I changed the format back to 16:9 and it works fine again now. I guess this is the solution. Try it out, Margthecar and tell me if it works for you!

Margthecar

Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:55 am

Glad to hear you got yours working Dhabitah, but no joy on my end.

On my Win7 64bit SP1 Ultimate with NVidia GT440 graphics card, all software and drivers up to date, here is what did NOT work:

-Your exact video settings per your screenshot
-Compatibility settings for Windows 7, Vista SP2 and XP SP2 (which is what the Troubleshooter recommended)
-Uninstalling and reinstalling Bandicam, both with old download and new downloaded installer

On my Win7 64-bit SP1 Home Premium laptop with ATI MobilityRadeon HD5450 graphics card I was able to run Bandicam no problems at all with different video settings, opening and closing several times. But I really need it to run on my desktop computer for workflow reasons.....

Since the other user has not problem running on his win7 Ultimate, there clearly is something somewhat unique to my desktop computer that is causing the problem. :cry: My gut is telling me it's the graphics card. With my video editing software, Premiere, I ran into issues with my old ATI card which is why I switched to the Nvidia card which Premiere prefers. It would not surprise me in the least if Bandicam is the opposite--prefers an ATI card (which you have and my laptop has) and my Nvidia card is the problem. But I do not have the time or expertise to figure out what kind of conflict that might be.

Any comment from Bandicam.com on compatibility issues with Nvidia cards?

Dfactor

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 am

Doubt that software "prefers" any card. It works on both G210 and GTX660 for me. Probably could even work with integrated.

Dhabitah

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:30 am

Yeah, I don't really think it's the NVidia card. Other users use that card too and it seems to work fine.

I realized that if you use the Premiere preset, the video codec changes from Xvid to Motion JPEG. I'm not too sure if you saw this, perhaps you did... Have you tried other video sizes though? Eg: 1280x800, 1024x768? Or maybe try the Youtube preset? I don't use Premiere, so I'm not sure if it is necessary to use the exact settings to open the file in Premiere.

And did you download the Bandicam.exe from the Softonic link or the Bandisoft one? Mine is from the Bandisoft link. I don't know if this makes any difference but you could try. Good luck! :)

Margthecar

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:56 am

Yeah I downloaded it from the Bandisoft site, same as for my laptop which works fine. I did try some different sizes and codecs, even the H264 CuDA one since my card supports that, and I also copied your video settings exactly to see if that would work. Funny on the H264 one--it did work like 3 cycles open-close, then suddenly froze up again. After the reboot, it was back to the same freezing behavior and even a reinstall can't get it to work again. It is such an elusive problem. Well, I can't really spend any more time on this so I will just have to figure out how to make captures work on my laptop and perhaps whatever the problem is will go away with a future update and I can try again in a month or two.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”