Avarice1of2

Bandicam captures extra audio source

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:53 pm

I like to listen to music while I game, but I also do not want my music recorded by bandicam while its recording a game I'm playing. Is there anyway to tell it to only record audio from the game, and ignore audio from windows media player?
To put it simply I want the ability to record the sound of a program and not just blanket it under system sound. Bandicam used to be able to record a game while windows media player was playing music and it would only capture the audio for the game. I have proof of that. As of this moment though I have not been able to find a video capture program that can do this anymore. I do like like having to choose between gaming and listening to music, or gaming and capturing video. For that matter I should not have to choose.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam captures extra audio source

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello!
I like to listen to music while I game, but I also do not want my music recorded by bandicam while its recording a game I'm playing. Is there anyway to tell it to only record audio from the game, and ignore audio from windows media player?
We don't think it is possible.

Lemonater47

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:57 am

The music and game sound both use windows sound. So its not possible really to remove the sound.

Avarice1of2

Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:48 am

It was possible earlier or atleast on my amd system.

xellon

Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:31 pm

does selecting sound on your taskbar (at bottom) and then selecting mixer and lower your game volume not work? You can lower individual volumes if its active, ex, increase media player volume while lowering game volume.

Flaim

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:57 am

dunno if it's allowed to link to other boards, but here's a guide for how to do exactly this:

http://obsproject.com/forum/threads/how ... omix.3201/

after splitting the audio devices just put the game on the standard output device and everything else on the non-standard device.
now you'll be recording just the game sound

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”