sambul85

Saved video size doesn't match chosen window & format size

Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:17 am

I just installed Bandicam 2.1.3.757 to try capturing video & audio from a Logitech C910 webcam with Mic streamed into AMCap window on Win8.1 PC. AMCap window size matches captured stream original size 1280x720@30fps MJPG&PCM. Bandicam saves the stream OK in Screen Capture mode, and I can change rectangle size to fit AMCap window.

But in DirectX mode, when I click AMCap window with green frame rate in left corner, Bandicam shows 1920x1200 target window, which is my current display resolution, instead of AMCap's window size 1280x720, where webcam stream is previewed. Resulting avi file shows a small video & audio playing in a corner of a large black screen. This happens even if "Add webcam overlay" is not ticked, and regardless of selected Video size in Bandicam Format or webcam pin & output stream size chosen.

Also, I don't see Video "External codec" option when MP4 container is selected as output file. It only shows up for AVI container. Is it available for MP4?

If these are limitations of trial version, it should be clearly spelled out on your site. You can overlay your company name over the captured image instead of shrinking the image. I wouldn't install the program in this case, since it can't be fully evaluated.
Last edited by sambul85 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.

sambul85

Re: Saved video size doesn't match chosen window & format si

Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:14 am

When using VirtualDub instead of AMCap to preview webcam stream, Bandicam can't save in DirectX mode at all, it doesn't show frame rate in VirtualDub window, despite I followed your FAQ suggestions. AMCap and VirtualDub are 2 most frequently used free programs for webcam stream capture. Its hard to believe, you didn't test Bandicam working properly with these programs. I'd prefer saving to MP4 in Bandicam, but it just doesn't work as expected.

I also tried to save video shown in Logitech Webcam Software - Capture Preview window, and it doesn't work with it in DirectX mode either. Bandicam name hints about webcam, but doesn't work properly with webcam packages.

Pls point to any free webcam capture program that you tested Bandicam works normally with in DirectX mode?

Dfactor

Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:53 am

Does your VirtualDub have Direct3D overlay enabled?
Options>Preferences>Display
It works for playback, not sure about live streams.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Hello!
Resulting avi file shows a small video & audio playing in a corner of a large black screen.
Please start AMCap -> Capture -> Setup -> Preview -> and select "Enhanced Video Renderer" or "Video Renderer"
Also, I don't see Video "External codec" option when MP4 container is selected as output file. It only shows up for AVI container. Is it available for MP4?
You can only use the "External codec" with the .AVI container.

sambul85

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:36 am

Thanks, it works. How to make it work with VirtualDub Webcam Capture? It doesn't have a choice of renderer's in Capture mode, and the settings from Normal mode don't change anything.

Also, my another quite popular C920 webcam outputs stream in H264&AAC hardware encoded. Is there a way to mux and record the stream directly to MP4 with Bandicam in DirectX mode without re-encoding? One package I know of that captures H264&AAC stream from C920 natively via Logitech own driver API is Logitech Webcam Software 2.8, but Bandicam can't record from it in DirectX mode.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”