Dawnrazor

Suggestion: FPS counter alternatives

Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 am

Hi Bandisoft,

Here's a suggestion that would really help me out personally - I hope others may find it useful as well. I apologize if this has already been suggested - didn't see any options in Bandicam to do this, and could not find any posts on these forums about it.

Ok, here goes:

When you are recording you have an option to see the current FPS of the recording (setup in the "FPS" tab of Bandicam), which is a nice feature in and of itself.

But I would love to be able to see additional information along with it. How about the length of the current recording? I'd personally prefer to see the length in minutes, but if you consider implementing such a feature I reckon having different "formats" would be obvious... number of frames, length in seconds, minutes, hours, or perhaps the current time along with the time when the recording was started? Not sure how much of a strain this will be on performance, but at least the time should be doable without any real impact; I have no clue if you're able to count the number of frames, though.

All this should of course still be optional, so you should be able to choose if you want to see the FPS along with the recorded time, just the time or FPS, or something completely different.

I'd also love to hear other suggestions... I'm sure there is more information that you could put in the "FPS" overlay (that I can't think of) that could be useful to your users.

PS: I used to use Fraps, but after having audio syncing issues I decided to try out Bandicam. Haven't looked back since; Bandicam is working great for me - better performance (which means I can record in higher resolutions), no audio/sync problems, smaller files, more options... the list goes on. Kudos for a great product.
The Zone Survival Guide - http://www.zsg.dk

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: FPS counter alternatives

Mon May 13, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,

We will support this feature in the future.

Thank you for suggesting!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”