blaxus

Bandicam Codec Requests

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 am

Kind of more of a request but is it possible for the near future. If bandicam could support these codecs:

Considering that Mpeg 1 Layer 2 gives me issues with every editing program (not in media players but I prefer if it worked in both) and no one really can re-use footage from it I would suggest at least one good compression based codec should be in Bandicam.

x264 Video Codec: Better Quality / Filesize (more then half compared to Mpeg and Xvid without loss of quality)
Aac or Lame MP3 (I would prefer AAC, it's supported by nearly every editor and media player and has great compression / quality)

DragonLS

Re: Bandicam Codec Requests

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am

x264/h264 is VERY resource demanding if it's being used to compress videos as a recorder, well, records at the same time.

It might not be possible, unless you had a VERY FAST and powerful computer.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello,

We are thinking about adding the H.264 codec.

Thank you for suggesting.

Best Regards,
Bandicam

blaxus

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:29 pm

It might not be possible, unless you had a VERY FAST and powerful computer.
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs), ~ 3.3GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6990 (Fastest Graphics card in the world at this time)
16 GB of Ram on a Windows 64bit system.

Anyway, thanks Bandicam for at least considering it.
Looking forward tot the future already ;)

Jabberwock

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:58 am

You need to decode the video first before editing the video by another program.

Psyoletic

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Kind of more of a request but is it possible for the near future. If bandicam could support these codecs:

Considering that Mpeg 1 Layer 2 gives me issues with every editing program (not in media players but I prefer if it worked in both) and no one really can re-use footage from it I would suggest at least one good compression based codec should be in Bandicam.

x264 Video Codec: Better Quality / Filesize (more then half compared to Mpeg and Xvid without loss of quality)
Aac or Lame MP3 (I would prefer AAC, it's supported by nearly every editor and media player and has great compression / quality)
If you want to edit, then record in either Motion JPEG, YV12 or RGB. There editing codecs. It's working backwards to edit in Mpeg and Xvid. If the file size if to big, then thats the cost of an editing codec. Lower the quality or resolution.

blaxus

Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:49 am

If you want to edit, then record in either Motion JPEG, YV12 or RGB. There editing codecs. It's working backwards to edit in Mpeg and Xvid. If the file size if to big, then thats the cost of an editing codec. Lower the quality or resolution.
I found the preset for 'editing' PCM & MJpeg, liking the quality and works flawless in all editors ;)
But your right, I might get another drive specifically for recording.

robby

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:10 am

x264/h264 is VERY resource demanding if it's being used to compress videos as a recorder, well, records at the same time.
What? I just registered here to promote this request because i've found that h264 is the LEAST resource-demanding codec! The performance i get in both game and recording when using h264 with XSplit is MUCH better than with any codec and any setting in Bandicam. Yesterday i tried 50 FPS in 1280x720 in Max Payne 3 with all possible settings in Bandicam and in the game and the game's FPS drops by half, has constant micro-lagging and the recording looks absolutely terrible with horrible and weird dragging about with the frames like it's in ghost-mode.

In XSplit with h264 i can do the same thing with maximum quality settings in the game without even having any FPS slowdowns at all plus that the recording is smooth as ice-cream! Nothing beats h264!

I don't know about other processors or video cards as i've never had any other but AMD's and ATI's, but their products use the 264 codecs wonderfully and i can definitely not recommend anyone to buy any recording application that doesn't support h264 and all of its settings fully.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello!

Bandicam now supports the third party VFW (Video for windows) codec - External codec
You could try Xvid, DivX, x264 and Lagarith lossless codec.

- Bandicam 1.8.2 download: http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
- How to use VFW codec (External codec): http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/vfw-x264-x ... 264-codec/

Thank you for suggesting!

Best regards,
Bandicam Team

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”