Decicus

H.264 (Nvidia Cuda) + Sony Vegas

Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 am

Hello.
I recently recorded a video using the new version 1.9.0. The codec I used was the newly added H.264 for Nvidia Cuda. During a test, it went flawlessly to record and the filesize was great. Only issue is: I like to edit my videos using Sony Vegas, and unfortunately, I'm unable to using this codec.
Now I do know that I can use Motion JPEG, or basically any other codec, but this would be beneficial to use with my ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti, since it basically puts less load on my CPU.

The error that shows up is this: Image
I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 11.0. I'd like to find out if it's possible to import videos recorded with that codec into Sony Vegas. Or if there is any workaround while still keeping two audio tracks (no, not combined into one audio track).

Sony Vegas Pro 11.0 is 64-bit.

Some of my specs are here:
Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77.
CPU: Intel i5 2500k.
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti. (2 GB video RAM).

If any more info is needed, then tell me, and I will explain further.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: H.264 (Nvidia Cuda) + Sony Vegas

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:38 am

Hi LazehPanda,

Sony Vegas requires a keyframe.
We will consider adding the keyframe in the next version of Bandicam.

Thank you for letting us know.

Decicus

Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:05 pm

No problem. Thanks for the work you put into Bandicam, it keeps getting better!

achmetha

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:02 am

Had this same issue, but you can still use the footage! It requires an additional step using Handbrake (handbrake.fr). Just select the bandicam file as the source and click start, handbrake will pick the appropriate settings and you can use the finished file in Vegas.

I re-encoded a 21 minute file in 3 minutes, handbrake does optimize the file (with little to no loss in quality). 1.3g file became 555mb.

It'd be nice to skip this step in the future, but this works for now. :) I created an account just to post this.

The H.264 Cuda works amazing, no FPS drop whatsoever, great quality. Extremely happy I decided to buy Bandicam and was surprised with this new feature.

Decicus

Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 am

I found a workaround, sort of. I did it the difficult way. I just played the video and started a recording of a new Bandicam video (this time recording with .wav), then took the video and used Camtasia Studio to edit it. Mashed it with the newly recorded .wav. It worked fine.

achmetha

Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Just wanted to reiterate my interest in seeing the keyframe fix in the next version of Bandicam! Thanks for the great support! I think if this gets fixed there is really no reason to use fraps or dxtory, imo.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:25 am

Just saw this thread and wanted to say Thank You for the fix! It opens in Sony Vegas 11 64bit just fine. :D

Lionheartx10

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Is this fixed yet for importing the H.264 Nvidia Cuda recordings from bandicam to Sony Vegas? I have Vegas 12 64bit and cant get the recordings with this codec to import. I'd love for it to work as its such a great codec with pretty much 0 fps loss while recording. Anyone have an update?

Decicus

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:41 pm

They haven't updated to support this yet, but they're working on it.

For now, you can use the temporary "fix" that someone else posted earlier:
Had this same issue, but you can still use the footage! It requires an additional step using Handbrake (handbrake.fr). Just select the bandicam file as the source and click start, handbrake will pick the appropriate settings and you can use the finished file in Vegas.

I re-encoded a 21 minute file in 3 minutes, handbrake does optimize the file (with little to no loss in quality). 1.3g file became 555mb.

It'd be nice to skip this step in the future, but this works for now. :) I created an account just to post this.

The H.264 Cuda works amazing, no FPS drop whatsoever, great quality. Extremely happy I decided to buy Bandicam and was surprised with this new feature.

Lionheartx10

Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks for the reply, I know I'm probably pushing it but any idea on when that update will be? I'll stick to using motion jpeg for now but I'd love to be able to use the h.264 Nvidia Cuda codec asap :)

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”