Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Bandicam freezing whole computer.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:45 am

Hi Blitzcanuck,
I've uninstalled IE11 which did not help.
It might be a problem with other programs such as an anti-virus program, codec, etc.
Please download bsa.exe from https://dl.bandisoft.com/tools/bsa.exe, and send your computer information to bandicam@bandisoft.com
Is there a free update available?
Go to http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ and download/install the latest version of Bandicam.

Blitzcanuck

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:40 am

I downloaded the bsa program and sent in the info as requested.

I also installed the latest update and that didn't fix the issue. :(

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:41 am

I downloaded the bsa program and sent in the info as requested.

I also installed the latest update and that didn't fix the issue. :(
Don't worry my Fellow Canadian, they are working hard to figure out what it is :)

One of the problems with it is, they stated, that they cannot reproduce the problem (they don't see it happening on their systems), so that makes any problem very difficult to troubleshoot.

(If it makes you feel any better, many people are in the same boat as you, including myself. I have tried the latest version, older versions, uninstalled IE, and for some reason it still decides to go into 'Not Responding' mode and the whole computer freezes up [not every time].
I am currently doing some testing with different Compatibility Modes and other settings, to see if I can stop the system from locking up. I don't think the trouble is actually centered around Bandicam, perhaps just the libraries/calls it is using...)

Blitzcanuck

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:31 am

yeah, i'm trying to be patient, realizing these things can be difficult to diagnose and fix.
I just hope there is a solution because it would be a shame to have to go back to using Fraps.
I much prefer Bandicam!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:52 am

Dear Blitzcanuck,

Your comment:
BSA information:
IE Version : 9.11.9600.16521

You haven't uninstalled IE 11 completely.
Please go to the control panel, and uninstall Internet Explorer 11 as shown below:

Blitzcanuck

Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:32 pm

yeah, i thought i had uninstalled it via the 'Turn Windows features on or off' but it was still there in the 'View Installed Updates' window.

After uninstalling IE11 i have successfully opened and closed Bandicam a few times without the problem recurring.

Fingers crossed!

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:05 pm

Dear Blitzcanuck,

Your comment:
BSA information:
IE Version : 9.11.9600.16521

You haven't uninstalled IE 11 completely.
Please go to the control panel, and uninstall Internet Explorer 11 as shown below:
Thanks for reposting this picture! I forgot to do this extra uninstall portion after re-installing Windows - is there anything else (other updates) that are related, to uninstall under this section, other than "Internet Explorer 11"?
bandicam 2014-03-19.jpg
IE11 to uninstall, under View Installed Updates section in the Control Panel, Programs and Features
bandicam 2014-03-19.jpg (66.26 KiB) Viewed 14414 times
I've uninstalled that title in this section and will keep testing and see how it goes 8-)

blahblahblacksheep

Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:10 pm

When is the freezing issue regarding IE11 going to get fixed? That's seems to be the "solution" since Dec 2013 in previous posts, with follow up saying "it'll get fixed in next release". It's now 4/29, and I still get this freezing issue. All I have to do is...

1) start bandicam
2) right-click > exit
3) start bandicam again

... freeze.

Task bar is frozen. Bringing up task manager shows the spinning "busy" cursor, and can't click on anything. Only thing to do is log off or restart computer.

This seems to be an issue that's been going on for 5 months (?) now, and telling folks to downgrade their internet browser and taking months to roll out a fix is lackluster support, especially for a $40 program (I paid for full version).

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:36 pm

Dear blahblahblacksheep,

We will send a test version of Bandicam to your email address.
Please install the test version of Bandicam and IE 11, and let us know your result.

We're very sorry for the delay.

Oxize

Thu May 15, 2014 12:29 am

I am experiencing the same problem.

Using here Windows 7 64bit Enterprise with bandicam 1.9.5.510. From the 10 times i boot my pc bandicam locks-up my desktop by 8 times. Like all users, i need to press CTRL-ALT-DEL and have to logoff my computer and relogg, and start up bandicam again.

Do you guys have an fix for this please, because its very annoying. I though i bought an good recording programs which dont crash when recording (like MovAvi), but now got a product which lockup my system at start-up.

Sigh.....

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”