TPWU

Bandicam freezing whole computer.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:12 am

Whenever i try to open the bandicam nowadays it freezes my computer up, sometimes it freezes after i opened it the 2nd time. Just 2 days ago, it was working well when i was recording a gameplay for Sudden Attack. I did not install Internet Explorer 11 which is a prob for some of the users.

- Windows Version: Windows 8 (64bit)
- Graphic card model: GeForce GT530
- Bandicam version: 1.9.2.455
- Bandicam mode: DirectX/OpenGL window
- Recording Target: Sudden Attack SEA

Abekrie

Re: Bandicam freezing whole computer.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:32 am

I've been encountering similar experiences with mine. Whenever I start up Bandicam, it immediately stops working unexpectedly and freezes my entire computer. Alt+Ctrl+Delete works, but the task manager is also frozen whenever I try to bring it up. I'm forced to log off of my computer and cancel the action just to unfreeze my computer, and it the computer acts normally as if nothing happened until I try to open up Bandicam again. I've tried opening it as an Administrator, and I have disabled IE11 through the "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Programs and Features area.
I've had a few exchanges with Bandisoft with some emails, but I have not heard a reply yet after I disabled IE11 to no good effect.

CPU : 2663 Mhz x2 ( GenuineIntel )
IE Version : 9.11.9600.16428
DirectX : version 9.0 or later Installed (4.09.00.0904)
VGA : AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
Sound Card : 2 Dev(s) Installed
Temp Path : C:\Users\Abekrie\AppData\Local\Temp\ (Folder ok) (Free:3049MB) (Write test ok) (TempFileCount:681)
System Path : C:\Windows
LangID : 1033 / 1033 (Sys/User)
UserType : Admin
AppPath : C:\Users\Abekrie\AppData\Roaming (ok)
Bandicam : 1, 9, 2, 455 Installed
System Time : 2013-12-31 13:32:04

Dhabitah

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:28 am

@TPWU: You might want to see if your IE is actually IE11 or 10 cuz they did a very recent automatic Windows update. If IE11, you should uninstall it. I could be wrong though cuz you're using Windows 8 instead of Windows 7 which most other users have problems with.

@Abekrie: I think you have to totally uninstall IE11 which was I did. Disabling it only won't work because you need to re-configure Windows again to the older version. Go to "installed updates" and find Windows Internet Explorer 11 and uninstall it. It will take a while to uninstall and re-configure your computer but I believe it should work. After that, open up IE10 and under "About IE", uncheck the box that says "Install updates automatically."

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:26 pm

Dear TPWU!

Could you please send your computer information?
1. Download bsa.exe from https://dl.bandisoft.com/tools/bsa.exe
2. Copy your computer information, and send it to bandicam@bandisoft.com

Thank you Dhabitah~

TheDrifter

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:06 am

Gasp, I thought I had some freak problem with my computer and didn't think to look it up when this started happening but then I got annoyed with it.

------------------
Will be emailing BandiCam now

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 am

Just wanted to pop in to say I am now having this problem as well.
Bandicam goes into "Not Responding" mode and I cannot use Task Manager to kill the process and must LogOff via CTRL+ALT+DEL
Uninstalling all Internet Explorer functions did not seem to help
Good luck solving this issue, Bandi!

CPU : 3840 Mhz x6 ( AuthenticAMD )
VGA : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound Card : 1 Dev(s) Installed
Bandicam : 1, 9, 3, 492 Installed
Last edited by GameTipsAndMore Blog on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.

citrik

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 pm

I am also having this same issue. It's also impossible to kill the program unless I log out or use pskill from another computer on the LAN.

An interesting note:

If I uninstall and reinstall, the first time Bandicam launches after the reinstall, it's fine. If I close it and reopen, the problem returns, even if I hadn't registered the program or changed any settings. Happens every time. Weird, huh?

CPU : 3242 Mhz x8 ( GenuineIntel )
VGA : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Sound Card : 2 Dev(s) Installed
Temp Path : C:\Users\citrik\AppData\Local\Temp\ (Folder ok) (Free:153636MB) (Write test ok) (TempFileCount:2339)
AppPath : C:\Users\citrik\AppData\Roaming (ok)
Bandicam : 1, 9, 3, 492 Installed
System Time : 2014-01-21 21:30:41

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:43 pm

I just wanted to pop back in here to add that I recently formatted and re-installed the OS (Windows 7 64-bit) [always a "wonderful evening" doing that, according to Sheldon Cooper] and no longer experience this issue with the latest version of Bandicam (as of the time of this post, version 1.9.3.492) - it no longer crashes or locks up the system at all. I have all updated Mainboard and GPU drivers - but did not do any Windows Updates yet [don't hack me bro] and can close and restart Bandicam over and over, clicking anywhere and recording anything - so perhaps it is something that was broken somewhere else...

A drastic measure to be sure, but if you wish to try it, it did solve the problem 100% for me. I will do all Windows Updates and see if the problem returns.

Good luck, all!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi GameTipsAndMore!
I will do all Windows Updates and see if the problem returns.
Please let us know your result. :D :D :D

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:44 am

Hi GameTipsAndMore!
I will do all Windows Updates and see if the problem returns.
Please let us know your result. :D :D :D
Haha :lol: Hi Bandi!

I have so far installed all "Important" Windows Updates and Bandicam is still working great, I can close Bandicam and restart it many times without any problem!

I have not installed any "Optional" Windows Updates so far and have not installed Internet Explorer 11 - I installed all Optional updates before and also installed Internet Explorer 11 before, when I was having problems with Bandicam ..before. I cannot say yet if one of those things causes problems, but just wanted to let everyone know that as of this post date, all "Important" Windows Updates work fine with the latest version of Bandicam today and Bandicam is not locking up my computer or going into "Not Responding" mode, at all.
[Of course, this is just my system and my specific combination of hardware, but I wanted to inform others if they wish to try to "redo" Windows, that reinstalling and then doing all Important updates from Microsoft should work fine with Bandicam]

I will try installing the Optional Updates soon, as well as IE11 and see if anything causes a problem with Bandicam...

Update (2014-02-08):
I have installed all Optional Updates and IE11 as well and Bandicam is working great. I can start/restart the program over and over, clicking anywhere and recording anything, once again.
It is interesting that after doing the Optional Updates and IE11, I had a problem with Bandicam. It would crash immediately upon startup. This was remedied by Uninstalling and Reinstalling Bandicam.
So, there must be something in the Updates (IE11?) that doesn't like Bandicam and could potentially cause problems...
As a last related note, when Bandicam was freezing/NotResponding before I reinstalled Windows, my “Turn Windows features On or Off” window would come up blank (nothing in it), where normally that's where you go to Uninstall things like IE11. It looked like this
blank-windows-features.png
Turn Windows Features On And Off is Blank
blank-windows-features.png (8.41 KiB) Viewed 35367 times
I install/uninstall a lot of programs for testing purposes (Betas, Troubleshooting, QA, etc) so perhaps something became corrupted in Windows (Registry, files, etc), which affected Bandicam.
Either way, it's great to have this great recording program working fine once again. I hope it continues to do so for everybody
Last edited by GameTipsAndMore Blog on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”