Upuauta

Bandicam doesn´t start after update

Sat May 31, 2014 2:32 am

Hello
I´m using Bandicam for some years now and thought about updating today. So I downloaded the new installer and run it. Everything worked fine. Then I tried to start it but there the problem begins. It doesn´t start at all. I get a message that bdcam.exe isn´t functioning anymore and the following cryptic details:
Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: BEX
Anwendungsname: bdcam.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.0.0.638
Anwendungszeitstempel: 5387e2a4
Fehlermodulname: StackHash_0a9e
Fehlermodulversion: 0.0.0.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 00000000
Ausnahmeoffset: 00000000
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmedaten: 00000008
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I the uninstalled the program and tried again but without any luck - it doesn´t work.
I´m using WIN 7 64bit. Is there any hope?

SnQQpy

Re: Bandicam doesn´t start after update

Sat May 31, 2014 3:32 am

I'm doing some benchmarking with NVENC/CUDA at the moment with this version and I'm not experiencing the same issue. Also Win7 x64bit. It might not be Bandicam per se, I have tested many different versions (to try and find a solution with DX9 game record performance), installing uninstalling many versions without issue. Lets hope the guys can provide you with a solution to the problem. :)

Just for info I posted this in another unrelated thread. a few minutes ago.
I can say I have instability with the NVENC codec (testing) on an older DX9 game, namely Dead Space 1. Game crash (CTD) the moment I try to record using NVENC. I'm going through my list of DX9 and DX11 games, so I'll let you know what else i find..
Asus RIVE
i7 3930K (C2)
Corsair H80i Hydro
Platinum Dominator 32GB 1866 DDR3 Quad
4GB GTX 670 SC X2 SLi
Samsung 256GB x2 830 SSD RAID 1
HDD: 2TB WD Caviar Black | 1TB x2 WD Caviar Red
Dell U3011 30" LCD + 24"x2 Samsung 2443
Win7 Pro x64

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

[EDIT]

Hello!

1. If you have checked the compatibility mode, it can happen.
Right-click on the Bandicam icon -> Properties -> uncheck "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" under the Compatibility tab, and then try it again.

2. Please check your system tray as shown blow:

3. We will also send an old version to your email address.

Please let us know your test result.

Thank you!

Upuauta

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Thanks for your help but I didn´t run it in compatibility mode.

Edit after some more testing:
Thanks for the two links. The first one didn´t work but the second one was ok. I installed Bandicam version 1.9.5.510 and it works well. Then I tried an update again and tried to start it afterwards - but it doesn´t start at all. It crashes with the same error from my first post.

Upuauta

Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:13 am

Isn´t there a file I can download directly for the new version so I don´t have to use the update program? Perhaps that works?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello!

The first one didn´t work but the second one was ok.

It must be the problem with an anti-virus program.
What is your anti-virus program?

Upuauta

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:19 am

I use avast anti-virus program. I just deactivated avast completely and tried the update again - without success - it doesn`t start. Is it perhaps, because I use a 64bit WIN7?

Dfactor

Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:13 am

Upuauta wrote:Is it perhaps, because I use a 64bit WIN7?

No. Most of the Windows users are using 64-bit version now (Because usually Dual Core or above + 4GB and above RAM).

Upuauta

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:47 pm

So, there is no solution to this? And no single-download of the new version? Only the update-way to get it? That´s sad, so I´m stuck at a lower version.

LazehPanda

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Upuauta wrote:So, there is no solution to this? And no single-download of the new version? Only the update-way to get it? That´s sad, so I´m stuck at a lower version.

Are you not able to download it from this link? http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/
Norwegian translator for Bandicam.

Upuauta

Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:32 pm

LazehPanda wrote:Are you not able to download it from this link? http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

Of cause I can. But that file is just a downloader not the actual file of the new version. That doesn´t work as written in this thread.

Dfactor

Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:42 am

Upuauta wrote:Of cause I can. But that file is just a downloader not the actual file of the new version. That doesn´t work as written in this thread.

... What? It links to a 8.9MB installer, which can be executed on any offline PC.

Upuauta

Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:40 am

Hello Dfactor,

In my first post I wrote about my problem after using the update function. Then I downloaded the file from the same link you gave me and re-installed Bandicam. But it still didn´t work. This 8,9 MB file you linked isn´t the complete program file - it is just a little program that starts the download. What I am looking for is the complete file (which I would get through the downloader) to download directly. This should be possible shouldn´t it? Because I got a direct download link for the complete (!) install file of the older versions. So I assume there is somewhere a complete file for me to download that might work.
Too, sad that I´m stuck with an old version. :-(

Dfactor

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:17 am

Upuauta wrote:This 8,9 MB file you linked isn´t the complete program file - it is just a little program that starts the download.

A program that would require a download would be less than 1MB.
This video taken on a virtual custom XP machine with disabled internet and turned off adapter.
Installed from 8.9MB installer, perfectly working.
I hate to say it, but something is wrong with your machine's configuration.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:47 pm

We don't have other solutions.
(If you reinstall your Windows, this problem may not happen.)

Testertime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:07 am

Upuauta wrote:So, there is no solution to this? And no single-download of the new version? Only the update-way to get it? That´s sad, so I´m stuck at a lower version.

I'm unsure if this will help you, but I had once a similar problem after an update where Bandicam said that the application is invalid (it happened on my second computer, never happend on my main), and a clean uninstall with a tool helped me.

1. Download this: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uni ... nload.html
2. Uninstall Bandicam with the help of this tool and remove everything which is related to Bandicam (Bandicam MPEG-1 Decoder too).
3. Install Bandicam and *hopefully* it will start now. If it starts, change the language to English, otherwise it could happen that the problem will come back. At least it was my experience, Bandicam in Sandboxie (for sandboxed games) was working fine in German anyway.
4. If it fails, download the pro version of Revo Uninstaller because the free version lacks a feature. Remove Bandicam with it again, and this time, record the installation of Bandicam with this tool. Don't stop the record of Revo Uninstaller yet. Try to start Bandicam, then close it again (even if it's the error message). Stop the installation recording and save the protocol.
5. Uninstall Bandicam normally through Revo Uninstaller and after this, use the protocol to uninstall potential leftovers of Bandicam.

If this won't help, I'm sorry, but I hope you will find a solution :) My guess is that an other program or program installation is in conflict with Bandicam.

Testertime

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 am

Dfactor wrote:... What? It links to a 8.9MB installer, which can be executed on any offline PC.

He had probably choosen the softonic.com mirror :P

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”