Mysterious_g

"Failed to initialize codec"

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 am

- Windows Version: Windows 8 64bit
- Graphic card model: Nvdia Gforce GTX 760
- Graphics card driver version: 353.30
- Bandicam version: 2.2.2.790
- Bandicam mode: 'DirectX/OpenGL window'
- Codec: H.264 (Nvdia NVENC) (have tried both H.264 and X264)
- Recording Target: Outlast

I have never received this problem before ever recording Outlast. The first time it happened, I couldn't record anything at all and received the error 24/7 after attempting to record Outlast. After that I re-installed Bandicam and I am able to record everything BUT Outlast. I have tried (almost) every other forum's solutions, and none have worked for me.

Please respond soon so I can get back to my channel that is waiting for a video tomorrow.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
A screenshot of the Error
Capture.PNG (23.93 KiB) Viewed 176093 times

Matteo955

Re: "Failed to initialize codec"

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:39 am

Did you try to use rectangle on screen as a workaround?

Mysterious_g

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:45 am

I would prefer not using rectangle on screen. It causes alot of trouble and sometimes de-syncing my audio.

Mysterious_g

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:31 am

Anyone?

Matteo955

Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:25 am

Here are some other suggestions which may help:
-Set 60 FPS (why 59.94? anyway...)
-Try to reset your settings to a preset (use the default one first, then the NVIDIA)
-Try some other codec and file type (avi instead of mp4 and viceversa)
-Uninstall your graphic driver and bandicam, reboot and make a clean install of driver and bandicam; then try again to record

Mysterious_g

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:35 am

~It was a 60 Fps originally, I was just testing some things so please ignore anything in the background.

~Tried, gave the same error.

~I would like to stay as my current codec because it is the one that has the best quality for me (personally). I also need it as mp3 because avi does not work with Sony Vegas and has a lower quality.

~Have yet to try this, will inform you once I do.

Special

Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:21 pm

Well, the problem is simple to explain. First of all, i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. And yes, from some weeks ago had bandicam the same problem with the Witcher 3 update.

So dear bandisoft, pls make so fast if u can an new update for bandicam.

It's not about the FPS, it's about that, because nvidia made a new graphic udpate and all where use the "NVENC" codec, it doesn't works at last!

Maybe it would be nice, when bandisoft would make a coperation with nvidia. Or at last by every new nvidia graphic update, need bandicam a update too -.- Sorry for my crappy english, but i think eveyone understand me what i mean :)

Mysterious_g

Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:47 pm

Well, the problem is simple to explain. First of all, i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. And yes, from some weeks ago had bandicam the same problem with the Witcher 3 update.

So dear bandisoft, pls make so fast if u can an new update for bandicam.

It's not about the FPS, it's about that, because nvidia made a new graphic udpate and all where use the "NVENC" codec, it doesn't works at last!

Maybe it would be nice, when bandisoft would make a coperation with nvidia. Or at last by every new nvidia graphic update, need bandicam a update too -.- Sorry for my crappy english, but i think eveyone understand me what i mean :)

Thanks! That would explain it! I guess I will just wait until Bandicam updates!

Dfactor

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:23 am

I have 353.30 drivers and I can't replicate the NVENC problem.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:25 pm

Hello!

Unfortunately, we can't replicate the problem with Bandicam 2.2.2, NVIDIA driver 353.30 and The Witcher 3 in GTX 750Ti.

1. When do you see the "Failed to initialize codec" error message?
- When you select the "H.264 (NVIDIA NVENC" codec?
- When you click the 'Record' button (F12 recording hotkey)?

2. Do you see the error message when you use the 'Rectangle on a screen' mode?

"i have the exact problem how u, but as i know made yesterday Nvidia a new Graphic update for the new Batman game. "
Please go to http://www.geforce.com/drivers and install older versions of GeForce driver (353.06, etc.), and let us know your result.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”