trusteft

Sony Movie Studio

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 pm

I am having problem with having the video files recorded with bandicam recognized/accepted by Sony Movie Studio 13.

I have tried Xvid, NVENC, and they are just not accept by it.
I also tried motion jpeg but the resulted file is almost unplayable, it has constant skipping/lagging/weird thing I have never seen before to explain it properly. I haven't tried to use it on the software as the file is as I said basically as good as unplayable.

Any suggestions? I want good quality (used for games with heavy usage of text and fast in game camera movements), but I don't want to try lossless capture (YV12) as that is just a killer for my less than huge hard drives (recording regularly anything up to an hour or more of gaming footage at 1080p.)

Zuzu_Typ

Re: Sony Movie Studio

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:47 pm

Hello trusteft,

the MJPEG codec usually works with professional editors.
Do you have the playback issue inside Sony Movie Studio or with your media player, because if it's the latter please try a more advanced one like VLC, POT or GOM.

If it's the former I can only suggest to use the PCM (audio) codec as well and otherwise to try around with the settings even further.

Luckily there are other people around here that are more in touch with this type of issues.

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--

trusteft

Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:33 pm

Hello trusteft,

the MJPEG codec usually works with professional editors.
Do you have the playback issue inside Sony Movie Studio or with your media player, because if it's the latter please try a more advanced one like VLC, POT or GOM.

If it's the former I can only suggest to use the PCM (audio) codec as well and otherwise to try around with the settings even further.

Luckily there are other people around here that are more in touch with this type of issues.

I hope I was able to help you,
--Zuzu_Typ--
I assume by professional editors you mean software.
As video editing is my profession, I have more editing software than Sony Movie Studio, but I use it exclusively (on a different computer) for my youtube videos.
I don't know if MJPEG recorded video from Bandicam will be recognized by it. The other two should have been but they weren't. I know that the MJPEG file just run like cr*p on media players including VLC. I saw no reason to even try it on Sony Movie Studio.
I guess I can try again for the fun of it.

trusteft

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:06 am

MJPEG can't be properly read by it. While it can sort of recognize the file, it imports it without any sound track AND the frame/skipping/lagging video remains as when played outside of it.
I tried the file in two different laptops.

As it is now I can't use bandicam for anything lol. Good purchase so far...

Dfactor

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:42 am

Are you using the steam version?
Actually, doesn't even matter. I'm using Steam's 13 Platinum version.

If you want the files to be accepted by the editor then you should change framerate mode to CFR. You can do so by clicking a box to the right of framerate drop down menu.
This will make the editor accept the files without artifacting.
If you wish to do precise editing then in the codec of your choice you should decrease keyframe interval to 1. It will increase the file size but you'll be able to cut segments precisely.

Finally codecs of my choice:
Any H.264: NVENC, CPU or X264 (VFW)
Container of choice:
.AVI
Audio:
PCM, 48000 Hz

The bitrate, framerate and resolution are up to you.
Also a suggestion to disable resampling in the editor.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”