Lion772

Record more then just one area of the screen

Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 am

Hello,

i need to record at least 2 different Areas of my Screen at the same time and get a own file for each area. I tried to run Bandicam a second time on my PC but Bandicam seems not to alow that.
What can i do ?
please help

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Re: Record more then just one area of the screen

Sat May 06, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello,

i need to record at least 2 different Areas of my Screen at the same time and get a own file for each area. I tried to run Bandicam a second time on my PC but Bandicam seems not to alow that.
What can i do ?
please help
If I may pop in with an idea,

One of the things you can do for now, is to record the entire screen, but in whatever video editing application you use to produce your videos, copy/paste the clip/event to another Track on the Timeline.
Then, you will have 'two versions' of your desktop recording view, where you can then Crop one down to the first area you wanted to save, and Crop the second area down to the second area you wanted to save.
The result, will be 'two clips' as though you recorded the two areas separately.

This should work with most video editing applications and you won't have to record your desktop/game twice!

Hopefully that will work for you, for now :geek:

Lion772

Sun May 07, 2017 5:59 pm

Thank you very much for your answere Troy !

i have to apologize that i forgot to say that iam looking for a solution that dont need any further editing.

A general thought...
Our Computers are getting more and more powerfull and our screens get bigger and bigger. The new technologies almost force us to do different things, at once, on our screens. The Bandicam company should react on that if they want to be the best !
They should stop blocking it to run the Bandicam capure software more then just once on one computer. At the moment i feel like the Bandicam Company force me to buy a screen capture Software from a different company to run it beside Bandicam.
Well , it is the only solution the Bandicam Company gives me now.
Do i even need bandicam then ???

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon May 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Hi Lion772,

It is not officially supported, but you can use more than 2 instances of Bandicam by following the steps below.

Go to your Bandicam folder, and copy&paste your Bandicam folder as shown below:

Thank you.

Lion772

Tue May 09, 2017 1:21 am

Thank you very much for your answere.

I tried this way already before but the copy always failed to start with the message
" application could not be initialized".
Since you said its working this way i tried again and found out if i close the "original" after the copy failed to start, the copy continiue to start. And then iam able to start the original again without fail. And fianaly bandicam is running twice.
Its a bit strange but for now i can live with that.
Anyways i would appreciate if you could work on an officially supported way.

Thank you

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”