LifeWatcher

League of Legends bug

Tue May 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello Bandicam team.
Just got Bandicam, love quality of recording but I have an issue using it.
Well, actually 2 issues.
1) Record loss, if game closed before recording stops.(Yeah, I know that screen capture can be used.)
I can handle to TURN OFF recording before closing game - it will take time, and probably I'll still lose some footage from time to time, but at least I can handle it. Though it's not "comfortable".
2) League of Legends bug
There is problem with League of Legends - I just can't start recording. The only way I've found to avoid it - manually close LoL launcher when game starts - which means that I have to restart launcher, after game ends, and I can't see aftergame screen - cause launcher is closed.
It's very "uncomfortable". Maybe your develop team can take a look at it.
And if you also will be able to find a fix so record won't go to hell, if I close game BEFORE I stop recording - that would be amazing.
Best regards, Alexey.

P.S.: Sorry for mistakes, still not good at english as I want to be.=)
Attachments
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (496.65 KiB) Viewed 12284 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (626.8 KiB) Viewed 12284 times

LifeWatcher

Re: League of Legends bug

Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 am

UPD: Well now I've got situation when even closing launcher didnt help :(

LifeWatcher

Wed May 10, 2017 3:57 am

I just wasted such a nice game. Very sad.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Wed May 10, 2017 10:04 am

Hello LifeWatcher,

We are not able to recreate your issue while recording League of Legends.
Please follow the steps below and try recording again using Xvid and the H264 (CPU).

1. Uninstall your current graphics card driver and install the latest graphics card driver.
2. Uninstall Bandicam and download the latest version of Bandicam from https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/.
3. Refer to the "If you can't see the red FPS number, or..." article on the linked page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/no_fps_fr ... nd_number/

If you still have the problem, please let us know if it happens when you play the game in windowed mode.

Thank you.

LifeWatcher

Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Hello again.
Tried everything. Latest drivers, latest Bandicam, windowed/fullscreen mode, different codecs, run as administrator.
Still the only real way to recrod LoL game - close launcher after game started(though yesterday even this didn't help, it's the best I have now).

I tried to record a video, but this shitty thing I was recording on, didnt record sound xD so, not rly helping.

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Thu May 11, 2017 10:20 am

If I may pop in on this, although I don't know what specifically is causing your issue, I'd like to share two other ideas that you could try:

1) Since you say closing the game before stopping the recording messes up the recorded file, maybe try a couple recordings in AVI format. This way, if the recording is somehow ended inadvertently (usually a 'crash' but it may be related to this 'closing the game') you can then try Bandifix, Bandicam's companion Repair Tool, that only works on AVI.
(Due to the differences in how the frames are put together in the file, it works only on AVI and not MP4 container, at the moment)

2) Since you say that the Launcher might be part of the problem/issue, maybe try adding the Launcher's executable (the files that run the client) into Bandicam's Blocked Process List (so it does not try to record from the LoL client). The steps to do that are:

- In the General section, click the Advanced button
- In the Hooking tab, click the Blocked Process List button
- Type or copy/paste the name of the executable (.EXE file) that the Launcher/client uses
(To find what file the Launcher uses, right-click the Taskbar and select the Task Manager to open it. In the Task Manager, go to the Details tab and look for the files called “LeagueClientxxxxxxx.exe” and type these file names into the Blocked Process list (hit enter at the end of each line)).

Here's what the Blocked Process List in Bandicam looks like after adding them:
Bandicam - League Of Legends Added To Bandicam's Blocked Process List - The Game Tips And More Blog.png
Bandicam - League Of Legends Added To Bandicam's Blocked Process List - The Game Tips And More Blog.png (49.69 KiB) Viewed 12255 times
I have had to do that with other game launchers, so hopefully it will help you, too - Good Luck!

LifeWatcher

Fri May 12, 2017 3:14 am

Hi Troy!
Found out about avi repair yesterday, now recording in avi, thank you)
Sadly idea with blocking launcher didn't help(first, I was like WOW that's genius xD), still thanks a lot for this.

I don't if it will help but when this happens(recording doesn't start), it shutters a bit, when I press start-hotkey
and crashes game if I try to make a screenshot :D
Attachments
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (52.74 KiB) Viewed 12247 times

GameTipsAndMore Blog

Fri May 12, 2017 5:03 am

Hi Troy!
Found out about avi repair yesterday, now recording in avi, thank you)
Sadly idea with blocking launcher didn't help(first, I was like WOW that's genius xD), still thanks a lot for this.

I don't if it will help but when this happens(recording doesn't start), it shutters a bit, when I press start-hotkey
and crashes game if I try to make a screenshot :D
You're most welcome, Life!

lol that sucks.. Hmmm... Odd
I'll install LoL and mess around with it a bit over the next day or two - see if I can experience anything that could help :)
Can you at least play and record in AVI and keep the recordings now using Bandifix (even if you can't take screens)?

Edit:
Well Life, I'm sorry but I couldn't reproduce any errors...
I had the game installed (I forget many games installed, heh) and it did an update to 'the new LoL' and the client and everything updated and I was able to record the game, even with the Client/Launcher running...
I tried in Fullscreen and in Windowed modes, different Codecs in Bandicam; but everything just worked, I'm sorry lol
Off of the top of my head, you can try to Uninstall/Reinstall the game (including the Launcher, if it is a separate program) as that usually helps a lot with programs, in case there are missing files/etc (including System Files that it creates or alters for Windows itself). Is this the only game you have problems recording?
If not, another thing you could try, is to Uninstall/Reinstall Bandicam, since that is another thing 'acting up' on you...
Just a couple of ideas is all, I'm sorry I couldn't run into the exact problem you are. Have you tried recording in Bandicam's "Screen Recording Mode"? LoL can run in either Fullscreen or not, in that mode, Bandicam catches most games (but not all of them in Fullscreen game graphic options, many require Game Recording Mode if running in Fullscreen game mode).
Oh, also try recording to a different drive (just in case that target one is having troubles and it 'kicks back' the troubles to Bandicam/LoL/etc.)..
Just some things to try start you off - Good Luck with it!

LifeWatcher

Sat May 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah, avi repair works just fine.
I'll try to reinstall LoL, probably the best idea for now :D
Thanks a lot for ideas, sure will try them!

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”