LeeC2202

Devs losing the plot as Bandicam loses the process hook... a

Fri May 19, 2017 11:50 pm

I am really starting to wonder if the devs of this software are just completely losing the plot.

A several year old request to add split video and image storage locations goes repeatedly ignored (despite it being nothing more than a 5-minute fix for a competent developer). The programme constantly fails to hook an active process causing endless frustration... and what do they give us? Drawing arrows!

I am trying to create valuable software and mods for users but I am constantly held back by this piece of shovelware that can't perform properly. And considering how much this costs, this is unacceptable.

I load Bandicam, I load a game, I alt+Tab out to do something else and Bandicam suddenly goes "Game.. what game? I see no game!" and that's it, session over. Fraps, which costs a fraction of the cost, manages to hook into it every time... that's what a competent developer/company can do.

And if you want to see how easy it is to break Bandicam. Load a game, let it hook and the game load. Alt + TAB to desktop and switch to Windowed capture mode, then switch back to Game mode and good luck getting it to hook back into the original game process, no matter how many times you "Click the window of the process you want to record".

Hey, here's a thought... maybe I can use those arrows, to record a video and point to the process it should be hooking into. Maybe I can use those features to HIGHLIGHT the areas of the Bandicam UI that need changing to add IMPORTANT features. Maybe I can use them to point to parts of my own projects, that show how important features are of benefit to users.

Or maybe I can just use them to point to other company websites/software, that actually provide software geared around the user's needs, instead of the developer's whims.

See what Fraps thinks about Videos and Image storage locations?

Isn't it funny how they can always manage to add the feature that redirects you to their website to try and get you to buy more software when you install something? Or they can manage to add the feature that displays the "Upgrade Bandicam because we want your money" message at the bottom of the UI (even when you're a paid-user anyway), yet they don't give a damn about you being a user of the software you have already paid for? Talk about demonstrating the company's priorities! :roll:

You know... it's just dawned on me why you won't add separate locations... it's because your image capture is just a hack of the video capture isn't it? I think it's capturing a single frame of video, so it doesn't know the difference between what it is capturing, so it has to put them into the same location... I bet that's it. :lol:

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Devs losing the plot as Bandicam loses the process hook.

Mon May 22, 2017 10:44 am

Hello LeeC2202,

Bandicam supports the function now and we've already responded to your previous post.
Please refer to the following link.
https://forum.bandicam.com/viewtopic.ph ... 266#p18097

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”