jwarcop

Backup Registration

Sat May 14, 2011 6:20 am

Hello,

I recently obtained Bandicam through the Giveaway of the day. I LOVE Bandicam and have been recommending it to a lot of people who do game recordings and its catching on a lot.

I'm about the reinstall my system though and from what I understand the Giveaway installation package won't work a second time.

What files and/or registry keys do I need to backup and restore so that I can maintain my registration? If all I have to do is maintain c:\program files (x86)\bandicam that would be awesome. Can someone let me know?

Thanks much in advance.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Backup Registration

Sat May 14, 2011 8:26 am

Hello,

Sorry to tell you this, but you can't reinstall or upgrade the giveaway version of Bandicam.

Once you have purchased Bandicam, you can use it permanently.

Thank you for using Bandicam

Best Regards,
Bandicam

jwarcop

Sat May 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Hello,

I understand the limitations of the giveaway version of Bandicam as I pointed out in my original post.

The question is how do I effectively backup and restore the application to its original state? Surely that is something you would expect to be able to do.

Thanks

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Sun May 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Hello,

We recommend that a user re-install Bandicam, and put the serial information again.
However, since you're the giveaway version user, you can't do that.
You can only restore the default video setting.
Click the 'Presets' button under the Video tab of Bandicam, and then choose 'Default' option.

Thank you for using Bandicam.

Best Regards,
Bandicam

Darkflame

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 pm

I know this is an old topic but 3 years later i think the question and requirement still remains, how do we backup our extensive Bandicam settings?

I reinstall Windows on a regular basis (it likes to fail randomly when ever it wants no matter what version) and thus i have to install and setup Bandicam a few times a year.

What's annoying about Bandicam is i have to heavily customise the settings to my liking and there's no option of saving those configuration settings whilst other programs offer this functionality.

It's tedious at best and i usually forget a setting like setting the "Secondary Sound Device" thus my first game recording upon fresh install always lacks my voice and i don't realise it until it's too late.

I could try to make Bandicam a portable application so i can keep all my settings out of the registry but then i lose the ability to update the program within the program.

Please could you implement a way of exporting Bandicam configuration settings into a backup file that can be restored at a later date, that would be great.

I do not care about registration details, that's easy enough to copy and paste in.

Cheers

Nyvoren

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:29 am

You should be able to find program settings here ( this does NOT include registration )
32 bit windows
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BANDISOFT\BANDICAM\OPTION

64 bit windows
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\BANDISOFT\BANDICAM\OPTION
Then if you want, you can export them with a simple command line

This is the ms example

Code: Select all

REGEDIT /e File_name.reg regkey_name
For bcam it would be this for 64bit windows saved on C:

Code: Select all

REGEDIT /e c:\bcam.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\BANDISOFT\BANDICAM\OPTION

Darkflame

Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:00 am

Thank you, i will test this out on my next Windows reinstall.

It would be nice if Bandisoft did implement a configuration backup option as Actual Window Manager has it, pretty much everything else i use have portable versions of them selves so i never lose anything.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”