blankslate1039

URGENT: Fatal Flaw in Bandicam H264 recording, new versions and previous.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Attached is an image showing all of the clips that I recorded earlier today, which appeared to be recording just fine while I was using the software (no errors or crashes while actively recording), but when I reviewed them later, they are all 0-2kb in size and have a length of 0 minutes and 0 seconds... This basically means they are corrupt, but this is the worst type of corruption as it comes without obvious explanation and happens randomly, as you can see in the screenshot I provided, not every clip I recorded today had this issue, and the ones that aren't "corrupt" appear to have recorded perfectly normally... I have owned a Bandicam license for several years now, and have made literally tens of thousands of game capture recordings, which I actually do for my job on my YouTube channel (no joke, it's an actual job) and have never experienced this issue before. In the past the only times a recording got corrupt is when the game crashed out/closed in an unusual fashion before I stopped recording, or when my computer lost power during recording. This particular issue is seriously making me consider the switch to OBS, Shadowplay, DXTory, Mirillis Action, etc... I am personally actually losing income for my business and my livelihood due to this issue, and as far as I can tell, there are no issues with any of my hardware, and yes I have done diagnostics, etc to test for errors, my SSD's, GPU and everything else are fine... It's definitely a probem with Bandicam.

I plan to due a complete reinstall of my operating system and all my software soon, as I am about due for it, but if this problem persists afterward I am not sure what I'll be doing, besides never using Bandicam again, and that saddens me because it was my favorite software....

If you need any more information about my hardware and system settings/recording settings, please reply and ask me. I am currently about to go to sleep after a long day of work, so I don't have the energy at this moment to explain everything in every little detail possible, but I will gladly do so when I wake up... THANK YOU...
90077f90d379dbffeeb73f1fecac77d0.png
90077f90d379dbffeeb73f1fecac77d0.png (69.39 KiB) Viewed 3561 times

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: URGENT: Fatal Flaw in Bandicam H264 recording, new versions and previous.

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello blankslate1039,

First, please refer to the solutions on the following FAQ page.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/cannot-run/

It might be a problem with the graphics driver.
Please uninstall the graphics driver completely.

And then, please install the latest version of the graphics driver and try recording again.
Also, please uninstall and install the latest version of Bandicam.
https://www.bandicam.com/downloads/

If it does not seem to help, please let us know your Bandicam format settings and your PC specs such as CPU, GPU, OS, and graphics driver version.

Thank you.

blankslate1039

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:01 am

I've uninstalled my graphics card, and reinstalled it, as well as Bandicam, and it STILL doesn't hook to the Rust game window properly, so I can't even test it. Thanks, I love how randomly the latest version of this software stops working with rust, and you have NO rollback capability, so I have to go to (edited by admin - the site name) to download a previous version of the software that actually works so I can do my job. I'm going to have switch to OBS, it's the only option right now...

blankslate1039

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 am

Here's a version that ACTUALLY works... Jesus, thank god for people (removed by admin), because of them I can actually have a chance to TRY and do my job, even though your software will prolly just ruin all of my work for no reason anyways... https://i.gyazo.com/c269182525193f3e2a8 ... b8f615.jpg

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:17 pm

Hello blankslate1039,

Thank you for getting back to us.
We've confirmed your issue and forwarded it to our development team.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”