General_henry

Quieter PC sound (Microphone sound ok)

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:48 am

Hello. I have been actively using bandicam since 2015, I have my own YouTube channel. I know what I'm writing about. Previously, the latest version of the Bandicam that I used was 4.0 (Windows 7 x64). Now I installed Windows 10 (x64), the computer is the same. I installed the latest version of the Bandicam from the site, carefully tuned everything and as a result I get a video recording with the sound from the game 12 decibels quieter than it is in my headphones. The microphone is normal. Of course I can equalize the sound in Vegas Pro, but I'm interested in the question of why it turns out like that now. Earlier Bandicam recorded any sound from a PC with the same volume with which I heard it in the headphones, now it’s 12 decibels quieter. Why? Feature of Windows 10? Feature of the new version of Bandicam?
I have a license for Bandicam, I need support.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Quieter PC sound (Microphone sound ok)

Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Hello General_henry,

Bandicam does not decrease or increase the volume of the original PC sound when recording.
It receives the PC sound from Windows and records as it is.

Thank you.

General_henry

Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:41 pm

This means that Windows decreases the volume towards the Bandicam. OK...
Thank you.
No one has ever dealt with a similar problem? Do not tell me where to look in Windows10?

General_henry

Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:29 am

Guys, this is a bug. Now I know for sure that this is a bug!
Today I conducted a whole bunch of tests, recorded from various sound sources (headphones, speakers, monitor, even from my microphone mixer), recorded sound from various programs (games, web browser, players, even standard sounds recorded in Windows itself, etc.) , recorded with different bandicam settings, different settings for all these sound devices, reconfigured all Windows 100 times.
I re-read a bunch of sites, turned off everything in Windows that could affect the sound (skype, mixers, and configured all the settings), but the result remained the same.
Turned on the built-in Windows Xbox Game Bar, and it recorded the sound correctly! Xbox Game Bar recording sound from any application or game perfectly! At exactly the same volume! But Bandicam doesn't do it!

- Windows Version: Windows 10 x64 19.09 (all latest updates installed)
- Graphic card model: NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
- Bandicam version: 4.5.4.1624
- Bandicam mode: Absolutely any.
- Recording Target: Games, video, music, web applications, Windows itself (standard sounds), any with sound!

Before installing Windows 10 on the same computer with all the same devices, everything was fine, Bandicam worked well.

Now it records any sound from a PC about 12 decibels quieter, which equals about 30% of the volume slider.

What else do I need to specify to help you fix it?

I can send files recorded by Bandicam, but what exactly is written? Explain how best and what?

UPD: updated Bandicam, now version 4.5.5.1632, but it isn't help((

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:10 pm

Hello General_henry,

Please send the files recorded with Bandicam and Windows Xbox Game Bar to bandicam@bandicam.com.

Thank you.

General_henry

Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:39 pm

YES!! I FOUND!)))
If you record with full volume settings in Windows, then Bandicam records perfectly as it should, if only you start to decrease the volume, then it starts to take it 2 times!
The point is that if you change the volume in Windows from 100% to 70%, then in the Bandicam video the volume decreases by -30% and again -30%, and thus by -60%. And it records, with loudness, as if I had in Windows not 70%, but 40%. And it should not be so! The videos are too quiet, even to the point that the sound is almost not recorded!
Now I will try to send the files, there will be 2 sets:
1. Bandicam + Xbox Game Bar at 100% (the volume is the same);
2. Bandicam + Xbox Game Bar by 70% (in Bandicam the volume is almost half quieter)

General_henry

Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:35 am

This bug is completely neutralized by setting the volume level in Windows to 100% and reducing the physical volume control (on the headphone cord) to a comfortable level.
I am glad

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”