ScoOby-Do0

When file is converted there's no sound

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Hey,
I want to record gameplay and commentary videos to upload to youtube, so I could achieve YouTube partnership. I have recorded over 5 games, and when I convert it, the final product has sound, but my voice isn't playing. Is this a weird glitch or?

Please, I would really like to upload some videos on youtube and I really enjoy this program. It works great, but the voice thing is really annoying.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: When file is converted there's no sound

Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:48 am

You should set "Volume control" to record gameplay and microphone sound at the same time.
See http://www.bandicam.com/faqs/how_to_rec ... icrophone/

ScoOby-Do0

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Thank you for your help,
Now it works, but when I talk I hear myself and it all just gets confusing. Is there any other way of recording my voice + the game without having to hear my voice being played back?
Thanks.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Here are some solutions for you:

1. Reduce the microphone volume or Disable your microphone.

2. You can change the Sound device at the Video tab of Bandicam (Primary Sound Capture Driver/Win7 Sound(WASAPI)/...)

ScoOby-Do0

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:19 pm

Thank you for your reply again.
If I reduce the microphone volume / mute it, then there is no sound being recorded in my videos. Could you please do a quick screenshot of what you meant?

Edit: I have converted the file and I can hear my voice but now it's vice versa. I can't hear the game, but I can hear my voice. The problem seems to be if I set the primary device to: "Primary Sound Capture Device" then it records my voice but doesn't record the game even if I set the secondary device to: "Win7 Sound". If I switch them over, it only records the game but not my sound. Am I missing out on something?

Edit2: My record settings are:
1280x720
60 FPS
Codec Xvid
Bitrate 4000
Quality 100

Stereo
48000Hz
PCM
192kbps

Now there is another problem. I can only convert my video with ONE video converter. I try to add music with Windows Live Movie Maker, Sony Vegas 10 and Adobe Premier and none of them see the video files. I try to use Bandifix and it says "There's no errors found, fix anyways?" So I click yes, but Sony Vegas and other more advanced programs see's the video file as an error or invalid.
Please, I really really like this recorder, it is one of the best I have paid for but these little problems are preventing me from editing and uploading my clips to YouTube.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Your question is a bit confusing.
Do you want to record your voice or not?

1. To record game sound and microphone at the same time, choose "Win7 Sound (WASAPI)" in Bandicam, and then, enable both "Speakers" and "Microphone" in Windows.
With this settings, you can record "WHAT YOU HEAR"
Win7_gamesound_microphone1.jpg
Win7_gamesound_microphone1.jpg (208.5 KiB) Viewed 22308 times
2. If you want to record your voice, you can also use "Secondary device"
Once you enable your microphone, you can select the microphone like "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)"
Win7_gamesound_microphone2.jpg
Win7_gamesound_microphone2.jpg (181.56 KiB) Viewed 22308 times

ScoOby-Do0

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:29 pm

2. If you want to record your voice, you can also use "Secondary device"
Once you enable your microphone, you can select the microphone like "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)"
I set my secondary device as "Microphone High Definition Audio" after I check the NONE converted video it has my voice and the game sound effects, but as soon as I convert the file it cuts off my voice. I can upload both of the files to YouTube if you want?

The other problem I have (Sorry for all these questions) when I record the game and try to edit it with Sony Vegas 10, the program says "This video file is invalid" I've tried bandifix but that didn't seem to help.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:10 pm

Windows Media Player supports 2 audio, but YouTube doesn't.
To upload your video, you should convert the recorded video file using 2 audio supporting converter.
I think your Sony Vegas 10 also doesn't support the 2 audio (I'll try Sony Vegas later)

We will solve the 2 audio problem in the future. (May be the next version)

Please try my first solution.
1. To record game sound and microphone at the same time, choose "Win7 Sound (WASAPI)" in Bandicam, and then, enable both "Speakers" and "Microphone" in Windows.
With this settings, you can record "WHAT YOU HEAR"

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”