vwtobuick

Q about photo taking but having a button to photo groups.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:03 am

So..
In the moment while I've got my camera hooked up to my telescope, I'm taking photos of the moon. I have set the output folder, the timer for 1.5 seconds, and everything is grand.
As the moon comes out of view finder, I have only seconds to move my telescope to bring everything back into the view finder (this is me moving the telescope)

At this time, I may decide to adjust zoom for the next set of photos to be zoomed in. Instead of waisting lots of time messing about with making a new folder then setting bandicam to goto that new folder, is there a way of adding a button on the top capture bar that changes the name of the file to something you've specified???

For example
If you have set the timer to 1.5 seconds and you're using the custom name with date feature. If you hit this button it adds a custom word to the name. Like say 'moon capture 2' to the next images until you hit the button again. Then it is 'moon capture 3'.

This is to cut down on time on having to run over to the program options to change folders after I do a quick adjustment (like i'd have to make a new folder call it moon caputre 2 then tell it to use it').

The idea is that if I quickly change an option on the fly like zoom, I can continue shooting yet have the file name slightly changed to note where I made some photo changes.

Thoughts??

vwtobuick

Re: Q about photo taking but having a button to photo groups.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 am

Or what about having a quick name feature. Like how if you press F11 to start taking photos or whatever.
What if you hit say F9 it adds custom name added onto the file name creation syntax.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Hello vwtobuick,

We are sorry but we have difficulty understanding your suggestion.
Please try the below settings.

1. Open the Advanced options window and go to the Output tab.
2. Select "Custom Prefix" at the File naming settings area and input "Moon capture".
3. Select "Sequence Number" and input "1"

Then your file will be saved as "Moon capture 1", "Moon capture 2", and "Moon capture 3".
If it doesn't do what you want, please let us know in detail again.

Thank you.

vwtobuick

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:44 am

Sorry for confusion.

If I'm doing a photo shoot of something like the moon, where I don't have much time to adjust the telescope back into frame, as well go off to windows explorer, make a new folder call it 'moon zoomed in' and then start shooting the moon with the zoom option enabled on my camera.

I was thinking if it was possible to add a button (or what about hotkey) that adds to the naming convention you guys already have in place. Whereby that button would add whatever variable to the name.
This gives me a really quick way of taking photos with whatever settings I have changed, yet changes the filename slightly to organise those photos from others (because I have used the zoom feature or whatever the case maybe).

So example would be something like this (sorry I'm not a programmer)
2. Select "Custom Prefix" at the File naming settings area and input "Moon capture".
3. Select "Sequence Number" and input "1"
if you hit f12 key on keyboard "File name appended with (x) variable"
If you hit f12 key again "File name appended with (x+1) variable"

So if you started shooting it would be
Moon capture 1
Moon capture 2
Moon capture 3
Oh, but I changed a setting on my camera and zoomed in a little. So now I hit f12 to add quickly a variable to tell the difference.
Variable Moon Capture 4
Variable Moon Capture 5
Variable Moon Capture 6

Oh but I changed a setting on camera so I hit f12 again (it would be neat to have it say on screen an acknowledgement of the filename change).

Variable1 Moon Capture 7
Variable2 Moon Capture 8
Variable3 Moon Capture 9

and so forth.

Is that possible at all???

It just really really cuts down on time having to go into windows explorer and make a new folder, then quickly go over to banicam to set the new folder. Just really really annoying that's all.

What are your thoughts?
Thank you.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello vwtobuick,

Thank you for your feedback.
We don't have a plan for the file naming function you've suggested at this moment.
However, some improvement for the current file naming settings might be considered in the future.
We are sorry that we couldn't give you the answer you wished for.

Thank you.

vwtobuick

Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:23 am

well it was worth a shot I guess.

Thanks anyways. I'll have to figure something out.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”