rikozasakka

Failed to start audio capture

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 am

I have just downloaded the program today and have not had any success recording game play. When I use the game recording mode, I get this error: failed to start audio capture. Nothing really happens except I do get a 0 byte video file that does nothing.

I have already gone to this website and followed those instructions to no avail: https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/failed-to ... o-capture/

However when I use the mode for screen recording I DO get a usable file with audio. This method seems to create choppy video though, I'm not sure if it is poor fps or what. I am also hoping that if I am able to record through the gaming mode, that this won't be an issue. How can I correct this issue?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Failed to start audio capture

Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello rikozasakka,

Please, make sure that the in-game voice chatting function has also been turned off and record the game again.
If you still have the same issue after checking them, please let us know the name of the game.

Thank you.

rikozasakka

Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:40 am

I don't think the game has in-game voice chatting, and I double checked. It is Path of Exile. I do have skype on my computer, but it's closed and not in use. Will that affect anything?

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:28 pm

Hello,

Some people solved the problem by reinstalling the graphics card driver.

Please uninstall graphics card driver completely and then reinstall the latest graphics card driver.

We're sorry that we only have the following solution for this issue.
https://www.bandicam.com/faqs/failed-to ... o-capture/

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”