B3Burner

Varying Frame rates-- why?

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to the Bandicam community, still using the trial version as I learn my way around.

I've used it to record a video game direct, and have collected several takes, all under 10 minutes to string together (using Vegas Studio editor) to make one big .mp4 finalized video to upload to YouTube. So far, so good.

Except... when I look back at the data of my raw .mp4 videos, from each BandiCam recording session, I see some are listed at 30 frames/sec, while others are at 29.
BandiCam-- varying frame rates.png
BandiCam-- varying frame rates.png (22.03 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
This wreaks havoc when it's time to edit them in Vegas, because I can choose only 1 frame rate to edit at. So I chose 30, for simplicity sake (even number of frames... none of that 29.970 nonsense); thinking I'd be okay.

Well, after finalizing the video on Vegas Editor, and playing back the finished product... all the portions of the final video that used the raw cuts that were also recorded at 30 fps, leave no ghost double imaging when pausing the video. However, all the portions of the final video that used raw cuts that were recorded at 29 fps, has ghost double imaging when pausing.

I know exactly why it happened. The Vegas Editor could only properly render 30 fps, since that's what I had it set to. The 29 fps raw video was out of sync, so I was seeing two frames simultaneously in some instances. Had I set the Vegas editor to 29 instead of 30, then it would have been the opposite problem.

So, the question is, why did BandiCam haphazardly switch my recording rate between 29 and 30, (it seemed absolutely random, I saw no pattern), and how do I force it to choose one rate to record at consistently?

Thank you

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Re: Varying Frame rates-- why?

Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:44 am

Hi B3Burner,

Please choose the 'Prefer CFR' option and try it again.
You will get constant 30 FPS if your computer is good enough.

Thank you.

B3Burner

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:14 pm

Thank you. I failed to remember that those controls were in the settings. That would definitely explain it.

Bandicam Company
Site Admin

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:03 pm

Hello B3Burner,

Great!
We are glad to hear that.

Thank you for your reply.

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”