Extreme0v5

bandicam lag

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:25 am

how come when i record tf2 with bandicam i lag but when i record with fraps i don't

Psyoletic

Re: bandicam lag

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:29 am

how come when i record tf2 with bandicam i lag but when i record with fraps i don't
Hi Extreme,

Well it's difficult to say way without any information. What settings are you using in both Fraps and Bandicam?

I would assume you have incorrectly set up the configuration on Bandicam.

Extreme0v5

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:34 am

bandicam i use fit height 0x720 motion jpeg quality 100 stereo 44100 mpeg 160
fraps i use 30 fps half size

Jabberwock

Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:22 am

Bandicam uses much more processing power than Fraps. So if you have a weak processor it may be the problem.

But if you have a good processor and stil expriencing lags then you need to do this(I do it and I can record at max setting with no lag :lol: ):

1. Go to Windows Task Manager.
2. Press on "Processes" tab.
3. Locate "bdcam.exe" (Bandicam process), select and press right click on the mouse and click on "Set Affinity".
4. Select only 1 core that the application will use. If you have Intel Hyper Threading maybe you'll need to select 2, though I don't know about it.
5. Go to your game process and click on "Set Affinity" then let the game use the other cores that you didn't select when you did stage 3.(meaning the ones that Bandicam won't use.)
Now you will have no lag from the processor. Enjoy!

BTW i have a 4 cores processor and my game only need 2.
Last edited by Jabberwock on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Extreme0v5

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm

it gives me an error when trying to set affinity

Extreme0v5

Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:55 pm

nvm i fixed it thnx

Psyoletic

Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:32 am

bandicam i use fit height 0x720 motion jpeg quality 100 stereo 44100 mpeg 160
fraps i use 30 fps half size
Something that needs to be pointed out, Motion JPEG is near enough a RAW codec, so your going to need a fairly decent system to handle that vast amount of uncompressed data. 30 FPS isn't a bad fps to record at but I would push for 60 FPS if your system can handle it. 100 Quality now anywhere between 100 - 70 the difference is not noticeable at your recording settings so personally, drop it down unless your use a higher resolution.
Bandicam uses much more processing power than Fraps. So if you have a weak processor it may be the problem.

But if you have a good processor and stil expriencing lags then you need to do this(I do it and I can record at max setting with no lag :lol: ):

1. Go to Windows Task Manager.
2. Press on "Processes" tab.
3. Locate "bdcam.exe" (Bandicam process), select and press right click on the mouse and click on "Set Affinity".
4. Select only 1 core that the application will use. If you have Intel Hyper Threading maybe you'll need to select 2, though I don't know about it.
5. Go to your game process and click on "Set Affinity" then let the game use the other cores that you didn't select when you did stage 3.(meaning the ones that Bandicam won't use.)
Now you will have no lag from the processor. Enjoy!

BTW i have a 4 cores processor and my game only need 2.
Are you sure? Because it uses less resources then Fraps on my system. Thats why I use it. Bandicam doesn't eat FPS like Fraps does hence why I'm here. Its less harsh then Fraps on your system.

Remember its not nesseasry just CPU power, everything comes in to play. First of all you need the stable FPS to record so that means a good graphics card and secondly a good hard drive (7200rpm+). CPU doesn't mean higher FPS nor stable FPS.

My second point on CPU is that most or rather all most every game on the market doesn't use no more then 2 cores or even 1 core at 100% usage. CPU's can help with physics but graphics cards a better to render physics then CPU.

Jabberwock

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Well he said that he recorded with Bandicam and it lagged for him, but when he uses Fraps it doesn't.
One of the difference between Bandicam and Fraps is that Bandicam uses more processing power.
My suggestion for him was to see if that was the case and it seems my suggestion worked. (It works for me too)

Of course the lag can be from other reasons. I have a 5400rpm based hard drive and I use the bitrate record option.
When I record though, I don't see the hard drive 100% busy. :|

Psyoletic

Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:20 am

Well he said that he recorded with Bandicam and it lagged for him, but when he uses Fraps it doesn't.
One of the difference between Bandicam and Fraps is that Bandicam uses more processing power.
My suggestion for him was to see if that was the case and it seems my suggestion worked. (It works for me too)

Of course the lag can be from other reasons. I have a 5400rpm based hard drive and I use the bitrate record option.
When I record though, I don't see the hard drive 100% busy. :|
Fraps at Full HD - 150k (Memory)
Bandicam at Full HD 6k (Memory)

Far as I can tell, Bandicam uses less resources otherwise there would be no competition between the two. Fraps is a good program, but its old and lacks anything new? It's been the same old program since it was first released moons ago. Bandicam supports both the editor and player (Great quality footage with less fps issues then Fraps).

Fraps eats CPU and RAM. Bandicam doesn't so much use CPU rather more then RAM in my experience with the program. Stab in the dark here, Badicam doesn't consume the resources rather then pushes games for more RAM which will in turn provide better stability when recording through the game with better frame rates and less CPU consumption because games don't eat CPU as much as people make out.

Jabberwock

Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 am

You are right, as I said before my game only need 2 cores of my processor. When I don't do what I suggested in the "Windows Task Manager" I get laggs even though I see I'm getting above 160 FPS in game. Maybe it's some kind of bug? You see my point why I did think that Bandicam use more CPU power?

The game is A.V.A from IJJI, free to play.
Here is the link: http://ava.ijji.com/

My spec:

QuadCore Intel Core i5-750, 2666 MHz
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
Memory 4087 MB (DDR3-1333, 2X2048)
ATI Radeon HD 5770
WDC WD10EARS-00Y5B1
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Service Pack 1

Return to “Bandicam - General Discussion”